AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my radarbox  (Read 8602 times)

g0seg

Re: my radarbox
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »
Hi Coastguardjohn, very sorry i couldn`t be more explicit - the first one i built got rebuilt at least have a dozen times. I ended up making a mandral for the lathe and reannealed the copper every couple of rebuilds but still cocked it up!! It was worth it though as the second version plus its connectors, antenna holder and feeder came out within a few megs of the required frequency on the analyser and just required a millimeter or two trimming. Best of luck, Roger

asw7

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
Hi, Late reply i know, from your post code ( Mortimer Road ), i think your very low down as the land lies and the frequencie in which the radar works on is a line of sight job, i think your problem maybe down to your position exspecially if you live at the bottom, if you live up near the school you may be better off, are you using the supplied aerial, or have you got an external one, it would be best to have external with a good quality cable, one thing you could try if you haven't already is to set your box up on a laptop, drive up to braithwell rd just past the nursing home as if your going to braithwell, there is a bit of ruff land on the right where people take there dogs, park there & stick the aerial on the roof, this is pretty high up in the area and you should have a fairly good line of sight, see what you get on polar,

I live at hellaby with aerial in the attic at mo as not fit enougth to put on roof yet, im getting a good 150 to 200 miles radius give or take a few blind spots, but getting well out in north sea and as far as isle of wight,

The supplied aerial works well when fixed to a metal surface like a metal bin lid or biscuit tin,

let us know how you get on,

cheers Andy

donburrows

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
hi andy
the problem is now sorted it was a wireless camera that was blocking my signal.
i have a radarama antenna in the attic and am getting good signals now teeside ne ,well out in the north sea amsterdam se ,past dover south,west coast past blackpool,sw birmingham.amstedam is about 200 miles .at peak times i get 40 to 50 aircraft.i sometimes go mobile in my reliant rialto on maltby crags where i get 100 to120
thanks
don burrows

asw7

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
Hi don,

Glad you sorted it, Im using the same aerial & can't wait to get it install on the roof! hoping to increase the radar scope but saying that im happy with what i can get now, another good location is the beacon tower up at Carr, theres a layby there & trust me, you can get some good distance there, line of sight is great there,

all the best

Andy

donburrows

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:23:45 AM »
yes i have been up there,i would like to get mine up on the roof too but am not very good with ladders