AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D  (Read 2045 times)

Tailwinds

RadarBox 3D
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
I'm currently using the original ANRB 2010 with software 3.13. I beleive this is now referred to as Airnav Pro. If I decide to go 3D, do I need a new box or do I just update the 3.13 software which enables me to use 3D? I notice there is a trial version I can use. How long is the trial version for?

Thanks.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: RadarBox 3D
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »
I'm currently using the original ANRB 2010 with software 3.13. I beleive this is now referred to as Airnav Pro. If I decide to go 3D, do I need a new box or do I just update the 3.13 software which enables me to use 3D? I notice there is a trial version I can use. How long is the trial version for?

RadarBox 4.03 (aka RadarBox 3D) is essentially RadarBox 3.13 (aka RadarBox Pro) with the addition of the 3D facilities.

AFAIK, there is only one edition of the RadarBox hardware, so the issue of a new box doesn't arise.  All you need to do is to update the software to 4.03 (and pay the RB 3D upgrade cost, of course).
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Tailwinds

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »
Thanks very much Dave.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:00:54 PM »
Hi Tailwinds,
Have a very good look at sample screens before committing to the 3D - on a purely personal basis, I find it very gimicky and would never part with my hard earned money for the privilege.   3.13 is plenty good enough for my amateur interests, and will almost certainly renew my network sub. but with Real-Time.   I didn't think I'd ever be saying that, my 5 minutes delayed can be a real PITA!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!