AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Major Announcement  (Read 26691 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
As my wife is fond of saying, "was that it?"    :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

Re: Major Announcement
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
So, is the major announcement still ON for this week then?

Evidently not.

We are now working hard on some great news that we will share with you in a few months.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
So the announcement for this week is that we will have to wait for a few months for another one?

Not exactly covering themselves in glory, are they!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
Ok let's keep this organized and have you understanding what's going on.

There are 3 big annoucements being made:
1- Boeing 787 project: done;
2- Similar announcement: to be done in a week;
3- Major Announcement (the one we talked in Feb) that will affect all aviation enthusiast users: to be done during the following months, not now.

Hope you fully understand it now. :-)
Unfortunately we cannot disclose more details about the third at this time but as usually you can be confident that Development has never and will never stop at AirNav... :-)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 08:11:52 PM by AirNav Development »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
For once, I'm left speechless!   I just hope AN Development are the masters of understatement................................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »

3- Major Announcement (the one we talked in Feb) that will affect all aviation enthusiast users: to be done during the following months, not now.

hello

Disappointing, but not unexpected based on the progress of shiptraxs :-(.

Andrew

Southwest

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
A major announcement will be made next week and every RadarBox user will be proud of using it.

From a personal point of view I couldn't give a monkeys about the 787 project using ANRB, that's big business between you guys and Boeing .  I'm just Joe Average who has stumped up his hard cash to buy something to enhance the pleasure I get from watching aircraft.

Now, what would make me proud of using the Radar Box would be a database that's accurate.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »
No pleasing some people I guess.

For one, I'm very pleased to be using a bit of kit that is of a standard that is considered to be of use to a professional aviation operator. Such recognition can only help to encourage AirNav to develop Rabarbox further.

I tracked the early B787 test flights via the RB Network and it was fantastic to be right there as the flights took place.

Well done AirNav, keep up the good work!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
Hi Gary, I'm exceedingly pleased (and grateful) for every day that my RB continues working - a great bit of kit as long as it stays reliable, but "A major announcement will be made......", well, sorry, but I was expecting something sort of "major".........
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

DaveReid

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
Joking aside, an announcement that the latest RB download now includes a revised database, so that we regular users can start to get the benefit of all the work being done by the update team, would be more than welcome.

radarspotter10

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
Hi all.
My thoughts are its all for the good,  and thanks airnav for developing a great product,  and i hope the Boeing 787 project is only the start for your company you deserve it.
from Pat.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:13:55 AM by SWORDFISH »

Tailwinds

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »

From a personal point of view I couldn't give a monkeys about the 787 project using ANRB, that's big business between you guys and Boeing .

I agree. I for one think it's apalling that Airnav should build our hopes up just to be told about the 787 project. Great news for Airnav but I really thought that us ANRB Users were to going to receive some kind of software update information.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

Southwest

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 07:32:09 AM »
Joking aside, an announcement that the latest RB download now includes a revised database, so that we regular users can start to get the benefit of all the work being done by the update team, would be more than welcome.

Good point Dave but WHEN are Air Nav going to release this to the masses?

RB is a good product, an expensive one but a good one never the less.  To me, the database is the one thing that drives me crazy.  Just now for example saw TRA091 at around 1500ft somewhere near Stansted.  The flight routing given was Amsterdam to Munster. 

The stupifying manyana culture that goes on around here is irritating.  C'mon Air Nav, please get something done about it quickly.

DaveReid

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 08:14:21 AM »
Quote from: AirNav Development

Goodrich/Boeing Communications Operations Center in Seattle

Nice picture, but no way is it the "Goodrich/Boeing Communications Operations Center in Seattle" - it's clearly an interior shot of the aircraft itself showing some of the on-board flight test equipment.

More attention to detail next time, please !

abrad41

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »
Lets hope that Boeing are not useing the same database as we do.