anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Requests  (Read 680452 times)

Runway 31

Re: Database Update Requests
« Reply #1395 on: November 09, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »
Not as yet,

Alan

ACW367

« Reply #1396 on: November 09, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »
Hi Alan,

I have a few queries/comments on recently populated a/c.

- The latest batch of French test codes are not being entered as they were done before.
Ex: Populated before as AN=Airbus Test Registration / AC=Airbus Industries
Now for some reason they have changed to AN=Various Airbus A320 (or whatever the type) Airframes / AC=Airbus Industrie Test Registration.  Wouldn't it be better to keep things consistent?

- I understood that miscoded a/c were not to be entered into the database, but I have just had two a/c (D-AOLT and 5629) with "(miscode)" written in the AC field.
Does this mean we can post known miscodes?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew
The reason 'Airbus Industrie Test Registration' has moved into AC from AN is in the reporter logs that people send to the Mode S yahoo group and put on their website the AN field is not shown but the AC field is.  Although the AC field in the reporter is currently only 20 characters, we updaters have requested Airnav increase this to 50 characters when they sort the rest of the updater issues.

Therefore the logs would appear on the Mode S group with Airline field reading as 'Airbus Industrie Test Registration'.  This will help the wider Mode S community (users of all boxes) understand that this is not an airbus long term demonstration airframe but a short term test airframe.  If that info was in AN the wider Mode S community would not be copied in on that info.  

The same goes for miscodes.  If we don't enter them on the DB we will get weekly requests from new user on this thread saying such and such code not populating.  It creates more work for us if we then have to say 'we know this won't populate as this is a known miscode, details previously requested in reply #15, #38, #56 etc'    What is the point of regular replies saying we know the current usage of this tie-up but you will have to ask us individually then manually update your data. I know Alan has a different view on this. By putting the phrase miscode and and the origin of the real code (or details of tactical code usage) in the AC field rather than the AN field, again it will inform the wider Mode S community when Airnav logs are uploaded to websites and groups.  Again something other boxes cannot do.  

Hope this helps ACW367

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #1397 on: November 09, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
ACW367,

Thanks for your detailed reply that makes things a lot more understandable now.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Chris11

« Reply #1398 on: November 10, 2010, 07:43:40 AM »
Thanks ACW367

While on the topic. I know Airline names in the Company field are not priority but is there a project to make them consistent? There are a number of airlines where there is no consistency.

Also I have seen a number of aircraft which show the Company as Star Alliance or One World with the operator in brackets, normally when the aircraft is branded as such. The code sharing alinaces do not own any aircraft.

Regards

Chris
PS - apologies for being pedantic but I am an accountant :-)

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #1399 on: November 10, 2010, 08:48:18 AM »
Chris,

I entirely agree with you about having consistency throughout the db, although I do  appreciate that it is a big task for the updating team.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Runway 31

« Reply #1400 on: November 10, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
Regarding the Russian aircraft, I acknowledge the error in my comment and I had no intention of making any changes here.

BOM1

« Reply #1401 on: November 10, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
8A021A referred to earlier is PK-CKF B733 24907 SJY

Steve

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #1402 on: November 10, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »
Hello

8A021A is now added. Thank you for your help.

Andrew

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #1403 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
0A4034  this is all I have, nothing on Airframes.  Thanks,  Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.