anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3FB2AD ?  (Read 3938 times)

DaveG

3FB2AD ?
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
Anyone give me a tie-up for this code please - 3FB2AD
Cornwall, UK

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: 3FB2AD ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
Hiya Dave

It's a Luftwaffe Tonka - can't find the serial though - suspect they rotate them like most other of their kit

reported on Military Mode s as being in your neck of the woods at around 10am this morning???  culdrose presumably although on a Saturdays very unusual??

http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/staticGMT.php

Rich

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
Dave

Sorry mate - I haven't woken up yet!!

Just realised it was most probably you who posted the info onto Military Mode S anyway????

Normal service will resume sometime later today- too much cider consumed last night!!

Rich

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
It's a Luftwaffe Tonka - can't find the serial though - suspect they rotate them like most other of their kit

If by Tonka you mean Tornado, I beg to differ - unless the GAF have started fitting them with ADS-B.

Tracked here for half an hour at FL360 heading west, probably a Challenger heading over the Pond with yet another "tactical" code. ORCAM (Karlsruhe) squawk.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
Yep - there's quite a few German Tornados carrying ADS-B nowadays, generally from JBG32 out of Lechfeld,although like I said with most military kit, they swap them around regularly

For the record, most of the EADS machines operating from Manching also carry ADS-B now

Obviously this doesn't equate to it 100% being a Tornado as this code isn't confirmed, but all the mil sites seem to indicate it as such??

Who knows?

Rgds

Rich
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:34:08 AM by Marpleman »

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:44:18 AM »
Cheers all, yes my first thoughts were on a Tornado as that was the only reference I could find to 3AF2AD, and FlightID GAF188, but nothing around Culdrose today.

Guess one for the "Who Knows" list for now.
Cornwall, UK

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:26:33 AM »
3AF2AD came back eastbound in the early hours of this morning, also as GAF188. 

Clearly it's been across the Pond and back, which certainly doesn't look like a typical Tornado mission to me, whereas it's exactly what you would expect a Challenger to be used for.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

NF2G

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
Just an FYI.... I remember seeing a Luftwaffe C-130 on the box over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I don't have the logs any more so I can't check the hex code.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
Hi NF2G

Do you mean a C160 Transall??

Still looks like Daves assumptions may be valid especially as it came back within the weekend

Rgds

Rich

NF2G

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 10:58:39 PM »
Well, the connected database says C-130, but I have already had to correct numerous errors there.  (JSTARS utility, not RB.)