anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Radarbox Data on the web  (Read 2593 times)

AndyC

My Radarbox Data on the web
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
Hi,

I just want to share with you the website I have created over the last week to show my received messages. It's a bit crude at the moment - the planes are shown as simple pushpins. Clicking on the "planes" will show the track recorded by my Radarbox, using the default Radarbox colours. It will also show more information about the plane if it is in my database.

This is the link  http://www.aircrafttracker.co.uk/airtracker/airtracker.aspx

The website requires the latest version of Siverlight which it may prompt you to install.

If my webite conflicts with any Ts & Cs of using Radarbox, please let me know and I will make the website private.

Andy.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
Re: My Radarbox Data on the web
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
Hi Andy,
its wonderful!!!
How you have make that?
Can you help?
Thx.
Regards,
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

AndyC

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »
Hi Miguel, I'm glad you like it.

The system consists of three main parts, a Windows application that collects data from Radarbox, a Silverlight application that displays the data, and the website which displays the Silverlight app and provides all the data upload and download services. The website is backed by a SQL Server database which stores all the information uploaded.

At the moment, the system only supports one user uploading data at a time, but I will soon make it possible for multiple users to upload data simultaneously. Once I have this done and have made the client software more robust, then I will be looking for a few beta testers if you are interested?

Andy.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »
yes Andy.
Count with me.
Regards
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

AndyC

My Radarbox Data on the web (Updated)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:50:14 AM »
Hello,

I have made significant updates to my website since the last time I posted... 60 second delayed "live" updates, flight tracks (including track data), plane photos and I'm hoping next to add statistical data. I hope you will please take another look at http://www.aircrafttracker.co.uk/airtracker/AirTracker.aspx

However, my data set is limited to what I can capture, mainly over the Thames Estuary (which still logs me 2500 or so filghts a day), so if anyone would like to run a small program alongside Radarbox which would send me their data, I would be grateful. Please send me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks,

Andy.