anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FAO Dave Reid  (Read 18219 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: FAO Dave Reid
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
So, Dev, can you tell me where that FAJS-FADN route comes from and why it hasn't either picked up my route data or apparently overwritten it?

Rod
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
The network data flight does not use your local database for routes. Nor is route data sent from your machine to the network.

Once the details are passed to the network of the aircraft position, it then looks up on the central database the route. Thats the same database which updates your local routes table.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »
Thanks, for that, Support.

So that means there is absolutely no point in updating the routes table for flights that aren't ever going to show locally.

That makes it much more important that the AirNav server routes database is kept up to date.

Rod
Rod

bratters

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »
Well, thanks for all your input fellas but, interesting as it was, a lot of it was way above my head.

The proposition was that over recent months there has been a steady increase in the number of route-less and/or wrongly routed flights. At the end of your learned discourses, a/ is this surmise correct? and b/ is there a system in place to correct it?

Most of us (I think it's probably "most of us") work on a "plug 'n play" basis so need reassuring that the position not only doesn't deteriorate further but substantially improves.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
That is correct.

We did join up with FlightStats to bring the best route data back possible for the database.

This link is still in place and significant investment was placed to reach this agreement, something which some users seem to forget. However we do understand that the refresh of the local database and central database should be better handled and this is being investigated.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bearcat

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »
I've been watching for a few weeks now flights like EZY012,AFR065 for example. If this type of id is new then the route is populated in the Route database and displays in My Flights for the first contact, but when the flight is picked up another day the route does not display in My Fights even thought the route is in the Route table with a recent date. I  looks to me like it is something to do with a leading 0 in the flight id. has any one else noiced this?

BlinkNFG

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Thanks, for that, Support.

So that means there is absolutely no point in updating the routes table for flights that aren't ever going to show locally.

That makes it much more important that the AirNav server routes database is kept up to date.

Rod

Hi,

I have added lots of flight IDs to my local database and as a result the route information DOES show on Network flights.  They are flights that previously had no route information.  Maybe it is just correcting route information that does not work?

Jon

RodBearden

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 12:11:59 AM »
I suppose if the AirNav server doesn't have any info about a particular route, the software then looks at our local database for the info.

I'll try to watch out for that, but I don't add routes myself normally, so it will take a bit of effort.

Rod
Rod

bratters

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 06:00:37 AM »
That is correct.

We did join up with FlightStats to bring the best route data back possible for the database.

This link is still in place and significant investment was placed to reach this agreement, something which some users seem to forget. However we do understand that the refresh of the local database and central database should be better handled and this is being investigated.

Thanks for the reply Support and I'm sure we are all pleased to hear you are looking into the matter.

I have just this moment fired up my PC on a bright Sunday UK morning and here is the current screenshot. Something like 25 flights with legible details of which just 8 have routes and 17 are on mystery tours.

I would comment therefore that if "significant investment was placed to reach this agreement", I would be seriously asking if I was getting value for my money.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
A quick flip through my flights and not one RyanAir flight shows route info.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

RodBearden

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 01:32:56 AM »

The network data flight does not use your local database for routes. Nor is route data sent from your machine to the network.

That doesn't quite seem to be the whole story - I just added a route for a network flight that was new to my database, AWE734, and it's now quite happily showing on the grid and map. I guess that if AirNav's database doesn't know about it, it doesn't overwrite it or ignore it, but actually does use it.

Rod
Rod