anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Google earth 3d  (Read 4025 times)

Zillie

Google earth 3d
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »
Hi all

I just installed my Radarbox and software, including the 3d upgrade. Now there are some questions, which i did not find in the forum.

1. After setting my homelocation with the exact coordinates (confirmed by measurements of 2 different gps units), i find out that there is a mismatch in GE. The ring is placed about 2 kilometers southwest of where it should be. Is this done on purpose, or just a problem of GE?

2. When receiving networkflights (in average 1000 or more), the quantity of balloons fills the screen in such a way, that its impossible to see any background. If i use the filterfunction to only see airlines i am interrested in, the listing is adjusted accordingly, but the map still shows all flights. Is there a way to also filter the flights shown on the map?

3. I was stupid enough to make a new install 3 times untill i found out that not only does GE need the networkconnection, but also the 3d update-license gets verified upon start of the programm. If the radarboxnetwork is offline, as happened a couple of times lately, the programm directs me to the Airnav website and suggests me to purchase the 3d plugin and the 3d button disappears from the menue. This is a very confusing situation, as one would expect an info about not beeing able to process the verification instead.

Harry

radarman

Re: Google earth 3d
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
1) Are you using the correct notation for coordinates  ? GPS units can usually be set to display different types

2) Only way I have found is to use the top filter row (Satrt tour, Airline,Origin,Destination ... )

Just fill in say the short code for a airline and only those will be shown on the map

3)Same here.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Google earth 3d
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Regarding 3, it has to be done due to license issues with the Google 3D Plugin.

Though we do understand that it does cause confusion and will change this to be more clear.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]