AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Red crosses showing on map  (Read 2951 times)

AlanF

Red crosses showing on map
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
I am a new member, thoroughly enjoying my RadarBox. On a couple of occasions I have noticed red crosses in a white box appear on the screen where the aircraft normally appear. can anyone tell me what these are?
Secondly, how do I get the airways to appear on my map?

Thanks.

bratters

Re: Red crosses showing on map
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
Hello Alan

Second question first - Map/Aviation signs/Airways will get you the airways.

Not too sure about your first question however in cases where a flight has no defined direction of travel the symbol appears as a circle as opposed to a plane. That maybe what you are seeing.

AlanF

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »
Hi Bratters

Thanks for your speedy reply. I now seem to have more problems than I thought. When my map first loads up to United Kingdom, all I get on the screen are numerous red, blue and green circles, each with the flight number and aircraft type. The only time I get a picture of a plane is when I click on a circle and then go to 3D view (go to aircraft, or follow aircraft). Is this not what is supposed to happen. The main problem being, there is no up to date manual to show what should be happening. I downloaded the one from AirNav site, it is 2 years old and obviously no mention of 3D.
Regarding the airways, I have gone through the procedure that you mentioned and nothing happens.
I hope I haven't got a duff copy of the software.

Cheers
Alan

bratters

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 07:09:19 PM »
Hi Alan - sorry but the mere mention of 3D puts me out of the game as I don't subscribe.

Hopefully someone else can help you out.

AlanF

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Hi Bratters

Your help has been much appreciated. Hopefully someone can "sort" me out.

Thanks
Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
AlanF,

Can you send us a pic of it when it happens, we are bit confused on exactly what your seeing.

Thanks
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

radarman

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
I now seem to have more problems than I thought. When my map first loads up to United Kingdom, all I get on the screen are numerous red, blue and green circles, each with the flight number and aircraft type. The only time I get a picture of a plane is when I click on a circle and then go to 3D view (go to aircraft, or follow aircraft). Is this not what is supposed to happen.

1) Check on your hard drive for the manual that has 3D info. eg c:/program files/Airnav systems/help an manual

2)With 3d you get the red/blue/green dots if your performace settings are set to minimum. In Radarbox, go to File in the top left hand part of the screen, then Preferences.
Click on "3D View"  on the top menus of the new screen that has opened
The 1st 2 blocks are the performace settings for Hardware and network decoding. set to maximum to see just aircraft pictures instead of dots. This takes up more computing power.

hope this helps

AlanF

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »
Hi Radarman

Thanks, have managed to get the 3D manual downloaded as you suggested. I altered the performance settings to maximum, completely slowed the computer down. Not worth it, even though I've got a new laptop with dual core (64) processor and 4G memory. Gone back to the coloured circles.
One further point. the manual shows an image of an aircraft in the circles presumably showing their rough heading. Mine are blank, any suggestions.
Hopefully I will get it working properly.....eventually!

Thanks
Alan

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »
Alan,

The globes with aircraft in them were done away with, as the aircraft didn't show the heading, they showed climb/descent/level and therefore it was a bit confusing.  Now you just get the globes.

Try this to speed up your display:

- Turn off Network processing - a 'tick' box at the bottom of the Network aircraft list

- Experiment with just 'live' MyFlights aircraft settings - min/med/max

- Adjust the update rate and trial times.

I usually run with MyFlights set to maximum, no history trail and Network either off or set to minimum.