AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: North American ops  (Read 2737 times)

philabos

North American ops
« on: May 03, 2010, 02:48:37 AM »
I purchased the RB in 2009 and it worked as advertised - unfortunately there were very few ADS-B flights in this area except UPS, FEDEX, and some European carriers. I live in SE Pennsylvania. I subsequently sold the unit but understand ADS-B has now been adopted to a greater extent in this area. Any East Coast US users care to comment on the current state of affairs?
Thanks

roadblock

Re: North American ops
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »
There are lots of flights currently up and down the east coast. There is also a lot more users on the east coast right now and so more flights are visible because of sharing.
I am in Toronto and cover most of the flights over southern Ontario. I see guys sharing flights out of new york and others sharing flights out of the detroit area.
When I click on "active Flight Locations" on radar box, I can see that the eastern seaboard and the great lakes are all covered with users.
There are many Canadian and U.S. passenger aircraft tracked aswell as the cargo and international flights.
It may not be at the same level of received flights over europe, but the number of north american based planes tracked with ADS-B is increasing.

richk107

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:23:17 AM »
I'm situated about 7nm away from EWR.  The majority of flights that pop up are international flights from domestic and foreign carriers.  But, I am starting to see more domestic flights on my radar.  Flights from Delta, Continental and United are becoming more common place. Smaller commuter planes like the Embraer don't show but more Boeing 737s from Continental are being seen.   I'm near the flight path when they turn North after taking off on 22L/R so its nice to know what is flying near me.

NF2G

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »
It would be helpful if RadarBox (version 3) users in North America would share data via PlanePlotter.  While RB does not support multilateration via PP, we can still use its predecessor capability by turning on sharer circles in PP.  This would provide us with a form of location data for flights that are not ADS-B emitters.

I see at least on RB user in western Massachusetts who is not up on PlanePlotter yet.