anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sluggish menus...am I the only one?  (Read 17096 times)

GlynH

Sluggish menus...am I the only one?
« on: May 05, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »
Hi there,

Long standing issue with menus here and was wondering if I was the only one who is affected?

It definitely gets worse the longer the program has been running.

ANRB has probably been up for a week or so now uploading to my website via FTP and as a consequence has had no user input from me - until today that is.

See here - this shows the issue far better than I could ever explain it;

http://www.screencast.com/t/NjIwYTkwN2

If I reboot the problem will go away but as I said after it has been running a while the issue returns.

I also see the busy/sleepy pointer more than expected too.

Is this peculiar to my system I wonder?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:44:15 PM by GlynH »

gleff

Re: Sluggish menus...am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:05:51 AM »
I have a similar issue. If I leave it running for a few hours and then try and click on a menu item, nothing happens.  I also have to shut down the application and restart it for the menus to start working again.

http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:47:01 AM »
I have mine on all day from 0800 ish till 2000 ish and don t have any problems.  Windows XP and 3.13.

g0seg

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
Just adding to the observations. Homebuilt PC at 3 Ghz with 512 vid card and 3 gigs RAM. Airnav Radarbox has been in service continuously for five weeks three days so far using XP plus - no internet connection. No problems recorded thista with 24 hour service rota. Regards to all, Roger. PS Using 3.13
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:01:12 AM by g0seg »

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
Using 4.03 here in 2D with Dual 3.2GHz Xeons/4GB RAM/NVIDIA Quadro4 graphics/Dual monitors/4TB RAID etc. etc. uploading FTP every 30 seconds.

Currently have 528 aircraft in MyFlights

Machine used for Digital Audio Workstation/Digital Video Editing with real time rendering & effects with no slowdown anywhere else but ANRB which has always done strange things with menus here since v1.x so must be machine specific I guess?

Having said that out of the dozens of programs I use ANRB is the only program affected in this way...everything else just zips along.

Thanks for your input.

-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:19:44 PM by GlynH »

MW0CVW

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
GlynH

I too suffer from the same issues when the program has been running for a few hours.

Installed the software on a different PC with the same issues.

Again if i restart the system all works ok for a few hours

Regards

Paul

MW0CVW

EGGP/EGNR

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »
No problem at all with sluggish menus, even when FTP uploading - mind you, the maximum I tend to get in MyFlights is around 80 aircraft - 528 sounds incredibly high!  What timeout settings are you using?

GlynH

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »
Hi Gary,

I do see a lot of aircraft here though...started with a clean database when I finally went over to 4.03 23rd February and have 13124 aircraft in there so far.

It is showing 10205 for last month alone.

Not sure what my timeout is set to...the damn File menu won't open for me to get to Preferences! ;^)

It is at the default 30s/60s I believe...I will take a look next time I reboot.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »
I use 20s and 7s for MyFlights and 90s and 10s for Network.  I can't remember what the defaults are, but I don't want too much 'old' data showing.

Southwest

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »

-=Glyn=-

Can anyone even come close to this?

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

-=Glyn=-

Can anyone even come close to this?

I must admit that I do find this figure oddly high.  Even when I'm down in London I rarely bust the 100 aircraft level in MyFlights, although that is only using the standard antenna outside on the window ledge.

I wonder if this figure is an indication of other problems that Glyn might be having?  I'd be interested too to see if anybody else is getting even close to the 528 aircraft figure.

gleff

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
What O/S is everyone that's having the problem running?  I have the problem and I run it on Windows 7 32bit.
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

GlynH

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »
I have always seen hundreds of aircraft in MyFlights...when I got my first box I did see in excess of 700 at one time before it went deaf!

The second and subsequent boxes never did reach the same dizzy heights but on a busy day I do see 500+

My mate Terry who lives a couple of miles from me sees more than I do but he uses a pre-amp and I don't!

Like I said I have recorded 13172 unique aircraft between 23/2/2010 -7/5/2010 and 711 in the last 10 minutes alone!

Running XP here...

Have a look here - screen video captures taken while I was writing this post. Click the 'Full Size' icon to be able to read the numbers - the first one goes up to 517 and the second one reaches 529;

http://www.screencast.com/t/MTcyN2ZlNTct

http://www.screencast.com/t/OTIzOTY2ND

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
No doubt about it - that's pretty impressive!  I can see aircraft where you are seeing them, but only by using the Network.

I'm using the BS1100 antenna with about 10M of fairly lossy cable and I'm in a bit of a dip at the home QTH with high ground to the east and some further off to the west.

Have you tried deselecting Airport, coast outline etc to see if this makes any difference at all.

Tallyho

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
Glynn
when you say sluggish menu's do you mean they do not work at all, there is a known and reported problem that if you access RB with something like LOGMEIN remote access software the menus lock up and dont work. This never got fixed although reported a while back during Beta testing. I confirm that I get it now on the latest version, the only way to clear for me is to stop and restart RB.
Keith