anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USB Disconnections....any updates  (Read 14501 times)

Dazzlercee

Re: USB Disconnections....any updates
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »
Its a bug, because the RADARBOX is ONLINE on the PC (online on the USB LIST) and ANRB say : RADARBOX Disconnected -_-

I can confirm that when it 'disconnects' from the software it is still connected to the PC and working according to device manager.

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:26:29 AM »
abrad41:
I was having daily disconnect issues with my Win7/64 machine and followed your instructions, now I am at 4 days and counting since my last disconnect.

Thanks!!!

Dazzlercee

Have you been and had a look in your advanced power settings, I am also running windows 7 64bit.

Take a look at the shot below.

Andy

Jonathan.G

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:04 AM »
i have installed the ANRB 4.03... same problem.......

abrad41

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 05:17:28 AM »
N9JIG

Lets hope this has sorted your problems out, I am glad I have been some help to you.

Cheers

Andy

Jonathan.G

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
ive test on USB 2.0 = Disconnected after 30 minutes
                USB 1.0 Hub = Disconnected after 5 hours

....WTF ?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »
ive test on USB 2.0 = Disconnected after 30 minutes
                USB 1.0 Hub = Disconnected after 5 hours

....WTF ?

You do seem to be 'unlucky' - I've just read back through all your posts and you seem to have had many problems.

How long is your USB cable?  When you are using your USB 1.0 hub, does this hub have a separate power supply?

Your disconnect must be power related somehow, either not enough power getting to RB, or your PC interrupting that power?

Jonathan.G

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »
ANRB is interrupting the power of the radarbox. because the RADARBOX is online on the PC (USB)

i have a 5m amplified usb cable 2.0.

Im gonna test the RADARBOX with a USB PCI CARD. Wait and see.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
I don't see how RB can be disrupting the power to the USB port.  Have you tried an alternative non-amplified (short) cable?

Jonathan.G

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »
problem solved for me! I changed the original usb cable (of the RADAR)

Now its working with 10meters usb cable + USB HUB =)

bratters

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 12:33:16 PM »
problem solved for me! I changed the original usb cable (of the RADAR)

Now its working with 10meters usb cable + USB HUB =)

I've seen a more than a few postings like this over the months!

N3HEV

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »
I'd like to know (and I'm sure everyone else too) what is really going on with RB and the USB thing. I have been running mine using SUN's Virtual Machine on my iMAC with no problems since my last post. But it will not run more than 5 minutes using Parallels on the same machine. I'm not a 'code-head' when it comes to computer programs, so I can't even begin to fathom what is taking pace, but I know it is not related to 'power-save' settings or any type of 'sleep-mode' because I don't use any of that.

But, SUN's program is kicking butt with the RB's software and I get to enjoy it for once :) If longer cables seem to make it work for others, then maybe the extra attenuation in the cable has something to do with it. I'm using the original RB USB cable on a 7 port external powered USB hub made in China if that tells you anything; I'm setup for failure with that, but for some reason, it's running!

DaveG

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
Think you'll find its not so much RB software but the USB device drivers.  Although I run iMAC my RB is on a PC and I VNC into it.  But I have a ICOM IC-R2500 that uses similar USB device drivers and they did not work in Parallels but do in VMWare.  It is how they are supported in those two packages that matter.

One thing I always do on Windows based systems when I run USB devices that I leave on, go into the device manager, find all the USB devices/hubs and check properties, there is a setting that is normally ticked by default that allows the OS to turn off the USB device, as I said I always turn this off for each.

Also worth checking all other power Management on PC, both at bios level and OS level
Cornwall, UK

N3HEV

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
DaveG......

Yeah, I stumbled across that setting in the properties section of the USB devices, unchecked it and re-booted, thinking I had it licked once and for all; but it still shut down after 5 minutes.......thats what led me to SUN's program, that and a tip from another RB user. I't been running great since then and I grew tired of looking around anymore with trying to figure out why it would not work using Parallels. I just use two instances of WinXP, one just for RB and nothing else. I'm sure there are many ways of doing the same thing, but I found one I could live with.