anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JA8941 - 86EEFD  (Read 2194 times)

eggplant

JA8941 - 86EEFD
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:30:54 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone might have logged this aircraft in UK airspace recently. I understand it is currently adorned with a livery depicting the Japanese cartoon character Doraemon, to celebrate his 30 year anniversary. My son is half-asian and is a big fan of Doraemon, so I was thinking if I tracked it en route to LHR I would take him to an arrival to see it. I checked my logs and have no trace of it whatsoever. I did read a report on the web somewhere that JAL are planning to keep it in Japan, but as it is a Boeing 777 I thought it might sometime do long hauls to europe.

So, has anyone seen it and/or logged it in UK ? Maybe I missed it - or maybe it really is staying on Japanese domestic routes.

Thanks in advance
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

DaveG

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:46:19 PM by DaveG »
Cornwall, UK

eggplant

Re: JA8941 - 86EEFD
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply DaveG - I guess the Doraemon aircraft is not likely to be in our neck of the woods then it seems. Thanks for your links, I might just invest in the model - though at the price on eBay he'll have to wait until his birthday !

Cheers
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

HKG

Re: JA8941 - 86EEFD
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:12:42 AM »
JA8941 is a high density domestic 777 which does not fly outside of Japan... Sadly this is the case for nearly all of the special liveries carried by Japanese airlines.