anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyFlights list & Map freezing  (Read 3992 times)

DaveG

MyFlights list & Map freezing
« on: April 25, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »
Anyone had issues with 4.03 in 2D mode freezing?

By that I mean after some hours the screen stops updating unless I do something within the program, like moving map or reorder MyFlights list.

On another issue, tried to do a forum search for "frozen", Freeze" or "Freezing" and it only seems to list result about "by", what's that about?
Cornwall, UK

Jeremy

• Jeremy
Re: MyFlights list & Map freezing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Yes. I still have trouble when sorting MyFlights by altitude. It has been discussed before but I juust put up with it.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »
I run 4.03 all the time now, although I mostly use it in 2D mode.  No issues with freezing, just as stable at 3.13, hence using 4.03 as my default.

abrad41

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »
I am the same as Allocator

No Problems what so ever here

Andy

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »
Switched back to 3.13 to confirm no problem there or not.  (I do sort by Tracked column in both)
Cornwall, UK

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »
Okay 3.13 doing the same now :-(

Uninstalled, installed in different directory and not going to touch columns to reorder anything, lets see how long it lasts.
Cornwall, UK

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
No problem here, and I always sort by Altitude.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
Cheers chaps, I know chances are its not RB, but its one of these things I know will be a B&^ch to find and resolve.

its was working fine before I decided to give 3D demo a try on 4.03.  One good think, not got much hair left to pullout anyway, lol.
Cornwall, UK

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »

hello

We used to sort by altitude but no longer do so because of this persistent problem (It happened about once a  day). We also don't think it is a computer problem since it has happened on three different ones and it happened on v2 and 3.13.

I would really like the next version to cure this since the sort by altitude was a very good feature to have anduse.

Andrew

bratters

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
I was one of the original moaners about sorting by altitude (pre 3.13) and I think I'm right in saying it was one the final problems solved(?) in the beta testing. I burnt some midnight oil myself testing various solutions.

Since the release of 3.13 l haven't had a murmur and I'm permanently sorting by altitude descending.

It would be interesting to know if those with an "altitude" problem also have trouble with any other categories?

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »
Well since reinstalling and not touching an column to sort by everything is running fine. (touch wood), will give it another hour and then try sort by tracked again.

On a side note, when I had 4.03 loaded I thought I noticed times were displayed as local, but on 3.13 its UTC can anyone confirm this or have I just imagined it?
Cornwall, UK

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »

hello

We used to sort by altitude but no longer do so because of this persistent problem (It happened about once a  day). We also don't think it is a computer problem since it has happened on three different ones and it happened on v2 and 3.13.

I would really like the next version to cure this since the sort by altitude was a very good feature to have anduse.

Andrew

G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
AS I said above, I still suffer this. It has happened on more than one computer and on all the versions. I have to assume that something is crashing my computer but I know not what!
Intererested in your findings.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com