anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARNB installation on Win 7 problem  (Read 8004 times)

Deadcalm

ARNB installation on Win 7 problem
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »
Just done a Windows 7 (32 bit) installation on my computer, and tried to install ANRB 3.13.  It went OK up to the time it required more station information from me, and froze, despite entering Lat, Long, etc.  Tried it several times with the same result.  Anyone else experienced this, and what may be a way around the problem, please?  Are there specific Win 7 32 bit drivers, or should the usual ones be OK?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
Re: ARNB installation on Win 7 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
Hi Deadcalm have you tried starting in demo and putting your details in then and restarting the program? not sure about windows 7 32 bit but I would think they're the same drivers.
Stuart

Deadcalm

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
Sorry, Stuart, not familiar with "demo".  All was OK with XP for a couple of years, but Win 7 a bit of a pain with installing legacy stuff at the moment.

DC

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
When the pop-up box comes up at program run (when you would enter your user name and password), one of the options in that box is 'demo' mode.

Deadcalm

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
OK, thanks - never noticed that before!  I've tried it, but having completed the preferences panel and "applied" and "Ok'd" the panel, nothing registers and the panel stays put.  From memory of my original installation, the Lat/long data is in degrees and decimals, isn't it?  Other than that, I can't see an obvious problem in what I'm inputting.

DC

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
yes DC it's in degrees and decimals

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »
Well, thanks chaps - I'm stumped, then!

DC

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:46 PM »
That's decimal degrees, like:

51.1235 -2.4567

With west (and south) being minus.

Deadcalm

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
Yup, as I suspected.  Any other ideas?  I take it, then, that the only alternative drivers would be for the 64 bit flavour of Win 7, and that the 32 bit drivers are the same as for XP?

DC

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
I haven't actually adopted Windows 7 yet, so I've reached the end of my gathered knowledge I'm afraid.  There are guys here running 7, so I guess that you will have to wait for one of them to advise.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
Hi DC, I know this sounds a bit of a convoluted solution, by try loading v2.01 off CD, connect RB, and see if that allows you to input the required Home Station Data, if it does and runs OK, then try starting 3.13, and that should also be OK.  Go to Control Panel and remove 2.01.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
Deadcalm,

Right click on the RadarBox icon and select run with admin rights. Then run RadarBox 2010 and it should work fine.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
Thanks Airnav and CoastGuardJohn.   Airnav, no, the problem still persists even when running as Administrator.  I'll try uninstalling and using John's suggestion.

I just can't get any further than the Preferences box - it won't go away (or accept any details)!!

DC

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
hello

I have just been think it might be possible to directly edit the ainav registry with the lat long, however I noticed it was in a different format but I was able to write a converter to convert it from from decimal to airnav registry. you can download it here if you would like to try it

clicking on the link doesn't work so just copy and paste this into your address bar:

http://radarboxorkney.gofreeserve.com/AirNavRadarbox_files/ANRBLatLongconverter.zip

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:21:54 AM by orkney »

Deadcalm

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
I've made SOME progress - after completely uninstalling, then reinstalling from the original CD (CoastGuardJohn's suggestion) I managed to get it to accept my location details, and then copied the v3.13 exe file back into the Airnav directory - but now no signals or aircraft.  I've checked the drivers are loaded, they are, and Win 7 says the Radarbox is working OK, but the Radarbox "Hardware: Checking box" is yellow, and the blue USB light on the unit is blank, whereas it flashes for a short time when the computer starts up. I'm going to persist, as I'm NOT going back to XP now - too much hassle...

DC