anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: outlines  (Read 19825 times)

boss

outlines
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:54:21 AM »
Hi all, can anyone let me know how i go about getting outlines for the uk and airfields. Tried getting them off Bones site but can't get them to work after downloading them. Seen some screen shots that are useing these outlines and they look vrey impressing. Many thanks Boss

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: outlines
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:38:34 AM »
Hi all, can anyone let me know how i go about getting outlines for the uk and airfields. Tried getting them off Bones site but can't get them to work after downloading them. Seen some screen shots that are useing these outlines and they look vrey impressing. Many thanks Boss

Boss,

Take another look at this thread about outlines:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=58.0

Also note that the .out files have to go in a new directory called Outlines and not Out

Just unzip bones files into the Outlines directory, then make sure that you have switched the Outlines on in RadarBox - Map | Outlines

You will find that will all the outlines files loaded, that the screen will be cluttered.  Bones tells me that you only need the following files for RadarBox, so you will have to manually delete the ones from the Outlines directory that you don't want.

Lower Airway edges file.

All ATZ and MATZ (Military Aerodrome Traffic Zones).

All CTA (Control Area), TMA (Terminal Control Area) and CTR (Control Zone) airspace.

Permanent Danger, Prohibited and Restricted airspace.

Military ARA, ATA, MTA, TRA, AIAA, E3D Orbit and AARA airspace. TACAN Routes.

Airfield plans.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:43:33 AM by Allocator »

Spaice

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
 I would also like to add the outlines to my RB, but when I follow the link http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/AirNav/AirNav_Utilities.htm, I get the message website can't be found. Perhaps the site is being updated.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
Unfortunately Bones' Radarbox page went missing a couple of weeks ago.  I think you can use the outlines on Bones' SBS-1 page instead - http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »
I would also like to add the outlines to my RB, but when I follow the link http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/AirNav/AirNav_Utilities.htm, I get the message website can't be found. Perhaps the site is being updated.

Bones has removed the AirNav Utilities page from his website, as he works closely with Kinetic and has chosen not to support utilities for the competition.  Bones is an excellent chap and I understand his reasons, although it is a shame that he feels he has to do this.

However, you can use the SBS-1 outlines with RadarBox.  The link is here:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm

As I mentioned above, you will not need all the outlines, but you will have to choose which ones you put in the RadarBox Outlines directory.  I put them all in then deleted the ones I didn't need.  Bones is quite happy for us to use these outlines, but he doesn't want them distributed as part of the official AirNav RadarBox package.

To get a good and uncluttered picture, you only really need these:

All CTA (Control Area), TMA (Terminal Control Area) and CTR (Control Zone) airspace.  That's all files starting with CTA and CTR

Airfield plans. Files starting with AFP.

You can add the others if you want, just decide how much you want to see.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:01:50 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:56:01 PM »
SBS-1 outlines  can be used in RadarBox without any problem. Just have a look at Allocator's post. He is totally correct.

Starting with V1.4 all SBS-1 addons will also be compatible with RadarBox.

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
I've just updated my ouline files from Bones SBS-1 Utilities page as described above.  This is not my normal colour scheme, but I've done it this way to show the outlines in use.

Click the link below for a bigger picture:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/2282577904_67db0544e8_o.jpg

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
Wonderful, Allocator
Good work.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
Wonderful, Allocator
Good work.

All Bones work really - a clever chap!

boss

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »
Downloaded the files, created OUTLINES folder moved files into folder but  they do not unzip. When i check outlines on radarbox nothing happens. Are the files suppose to unzip or should they just work after putting them in the new outlines folder. If they should unzip any ideas on how to get them to unzip, many thanks for all your answers Boss

mt007

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »
hi Boss,
you must create one folder inside RB directory with this name: out
Then put your files inside.
Unziped, of course.
regards.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Allocator

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »
Downloaded the files, created OUTLINES folder moved files into folder but  they do not unzip. When i check outlines on radarbox nothing happens. Are the files suppose to unzip or should they just work after putting them in the new outlines folder. If they should unzip any ideas on how to get them to unzip, many thanks for all your answers Boss

You have to unzip the files yourself.  Try the demo version of WinZip or the free FreeZip

http://www.winzip.com/

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,6383-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:19 PM »
hi Boss,
you must create one folder inside RB directory with this name: out
Then put your files inside.
Unziped, of course.
regards.

That's wrong - the folder name must be Outlines not Out

mt007

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »
Hi allocator,
i have read in he forum the folder with name outlines dont work, but if you say work, ok, fine for me.
Sorry for my mistake.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Allocator

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 12:32:19 AM »
Hi allocator,
i have read in he forum the folder with name outlines dont work, but if you say work, ok, fine for me.
Sorry for my mistake.

Hi Miguel,

No problem - it really is the Outlines folder that needs to be created.  You maybe read the post from the guy who was sure he put the files in the Outlines folder, but he had put them in Out.

RadarBox creates an Out folder, but you have to create the Outlines one yourself.

All the best

Allocator