anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Small bug - problem when turning OFF Network Flights  (Read 7117 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Small bug - problem when turning OFF Network Flights
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
I don't often turn ON network flights.  However, a problem I've notice when I then turn network flights OFF is that I then can't click on and select aircraft in the MyFlights list.

No matter which aircraft I click on, it selects the first aircraft in the list, and will only display the photos, etc. for the first aircraft in the list.  Only solution I've found is to shut-down RB and restart it.

Something to fix in v1.4 maybe?

Spaice

Re: Small bug - problem when turning OFF Network Flights
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »
I have had the same issue a number of times although not because of switching off the network flights, the only way to fix is to restart RB.  It seems to happen after RB has been running for a couple of hours or so, but then that could be a red herring.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »
We tried to reproduce that in 1.4 today but it didn't occur so looks like it rectified.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
BTW, it sometimes gets even worse after I turn OFF network flights, and I can't even see the aircraft in the MyFlights list:

I'm frightened to even use Network Flights now because I hit this problem and have to restart ARB, and that clears down MyLog :(

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »
BTW, it sometimes gets even worse after I turn OFF network flights, and I can't even see the aircraft in the MyFlights list:

I'm frightened to even use Network Flights now because I hit this problem and have to restart ARB, and that clears down MyLog :(

Hmmm, that's an odd one.  I've never had any issues switching Network flights on and off, but I have had an issue where the red highlight box in the aircraft list  is "stuck" on one line.  Clicking to the left or right of it in any other line made the box move left/right but it would stay on that original line.  Is wasn't any particular line - not the first aircraft in the list anyway - and it would only do it after RB had been running for a few hours.  switching RB on and off did cure it though.  I don't recall this happening recently with the version of V1.4 I'm using.

I'm not sure if you turning network flights on and off is related?  The only issues I've had is when "Share Flight Data" is ticked (default at startup) and I don't have an internet connection.

Although it is unlikely that AirNav will do anything about this for you with V1.4 coming out soon, let us know if you pin down the problem.

All the best

Allocator

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
Thanks Allocator.  It definately only ever happens when I turn network flights on and then off.  Otherwise I can run RB for days without shutting down and never get the problem.  It's exactly as you describe, with the highlight box sticking on one line.

Hopefully this is fixed in v1.4.  It would be good to test this before v1.4 is release.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:48:55 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
tarbat, just a thought - if you select "Get flights from Network" and leave your PC for a bit, does it come back to normal after a short while?

I saw this with V1.3 when I started RB - After the initial connect box comes up with username/password and the RB interface runs, RB then seemed to "freeze" whilst it connected to the network.  So although live flights came up almost straight away, it would take 5-10 seconds for the network stuff to appear, then a few more seconds before the interface was "clickable" again.

Next time you try this, select network data then just leave RB for a little while to see if it sorts itself out.

Allocator

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
I used to be a test manager!!!    So, I've already tested this by:
1. Leaving network traffic on for 30 minutes.
2. Waiting 30 minutes after turning network traffic off.
Still the same problem.

As I say, I'll wait to see if this is resolved in v1.4.  Unless Airnav support would like me to test this before they release v1.4.

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
The phrase "Teaching to suck eggs" comes to mind - sorry :-)

Always a good idea to check the blindingly obvious -hi hi

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
No need to apologise!!

Just a thought.  Could this be a Vista related issue?  Allocator, what O/S are you running?

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 06:00:13 PM »
Vista! - spawn of the Devil - I'm ignoring Vista for as long as I can.

Mind you, I do remember telling people that I didn't need Windows 3.1 as you could do everything you needed to with DOS - and it would all fit on a single floppy!

I'm running XP Home with SP2

Allocator