AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Publish live pictures on web  (Read 6636 times)

konsult

Publish live pictures on web
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »
Is it legal to publish live pictures from my AirNav screen on the net, like http://www.flygradar.nu/stockholm.php ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Publish live pictures on web
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:19:35 PM »
You will have check your local laws and regulations. The UK for instance is very restrictive on this and has closed sites down in the past who have done this.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
hi, konsult,
i have one idea, you put your images in server out of UK for example.
And no one can touch you.
Example: you find a server out of your country, and you put your images in that server, and in this case nobody can shut up your website.
Best regards.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »
Dont you think for the good of the hobby and all of us that have bought RadarBox and SBS1 it would be better to leave well alone. I dont want to find that due to loads of people wanting to broadcast live what they see that we are all closed down :-(

Roland28

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »
Back in 2000 I discovered a website that was due to show live radar of UK airspace. The data was to be supplied by NATS, the site may even have been owned by them. I checked month after month but the site never went live. Then, after the events of Sept 2001, the site was shut down.

There is no live streaming of UK ATC on the net and I don't think that live radar should be attempted. The same may apply in several other European countries.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
Is very sad that situation.
Because in USA have terrorism problems and you see websites with live air radio and in Europe no (www.liveatc.net).
We are a primitive world.
Sorry for my words.
Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

konsult

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »
Exactly what laws is prohibiting from showing such information?

In Sweden we have a law that it's forbidden to redistribute radio-messages sent to a recipient, but ADS-B has no recipient so you are not breaking the law by publishing ADS-B on the web.

But what happends when I publish UK or German or Russian ADS-B on a swedish hosted homepage?

konsult

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »
Aren't all the UK users of AirNav breaking the law by distributing their ADS-B information to others? Is there a difference in sending the information to other AirNav users and publishing it on the web?

I would like more information about showing information on the web, not just "it's against the law".

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:26:39 AM »
Aren't all the UK users of AirNav breaking the law by distributing their ADS-B information to others? Is there a difference in sending the information to other AirNav users and publishing it on the web?

I would like more information about showing information on the web, not just "it's against the law".

I'm not seen any extract of the law relating to this, but if its anything like what covers scanning its a gray area....

But my take on Airnav is its a closed circuit with traceable connections , you need to own one of the units to obtain shared data.  If you own a unit then shared data I think does not pose any greater risk, for one its time delayed, and two if you really wanted to do something bad, then do you think you would need shared data!!

Now sharing data on a website or displaying live data from your box is a different story and I'm sure in the UK any site would get bounced very quickly even with the gray part to the rules.

Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »
The data that is shared on our network is delayed and as DaveG says its a closed system which can be audited if neccessarly quickly.

Due to the security laws in the UK (as well as other countries across the world) they can close any site which they deem could be a threat to national security (yes its not very clear but thats done for a resaon)

konsult: If you are looking for an exact law you won't find it as there isn't one which is set in stone and directly relates to this but there are many laws (guidlines) which will cover this.

Even if you broadcast from a site which is not hosted in that country you are not immune. Many cases of the site being closed down through goverment communication. Yes it may take longer but you are still risking it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:54:28 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]