AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2009 version  (Read 4389 times)

sasa1000

2009 version
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
I am wondering if it would be worth buying a 2009 version of RadarBox or have there been upgrades to the 2010 version that I would be unable to obtain. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sandy

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: 2009 version
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
The software upgrade to RB 2010 (V3.13) is free and can be downloaded from the AirNav website.  There have been no changes to the hardware (receiver).

However, the 3D Google Earth option is an additional cost extra, but you can pay for that online and also download the 3D software for free.

sasa1000

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks for that info Allocator, would there be any risk involved buying second hand box?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »
Thanks for that info Allocator, would there be any risk involved buying second hand box?

hello

we bought a second hand one and the only difference was the free network access was 8 months instead of 12 due to the previous owener activating the network 4 months before we bought it.

Andrew

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:19:32 AM »

I missed the fact that it was a second-hand RB you were thinking of buying.  You will need the original CD packaging with the user name and password on it.  If you don't have this, it's not a show-stopper as AirNav Support will be able to help if you let them know the serial number of the RB (printed on the label on the underneath of the hardware receiver.)

As Orkney mentioned, RB comes with 12 months free access to the 5-minute delayed shared Network data.  If the 12 months is up, them you have the option of just watching aircraft picked up by the antenna at no cost (everything else works, photo download, database auto-populate, weather information etc), or purchasing either the 5-minute delayed Network data, or the real-time data.  Prices are shown on the AirNav website here.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html

sasa1000

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »

hello

we bought a second hand one and the only difference was the free network access was 8 months instead of 12 due to the previous owener activating the network 4 months before we bought it.

Andrew

Thanks for that Andrew, never thought about that, but don't mind about the subscription anyway. You must be furthest north member on forum I guess.

Sandy

sasa1000

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »
I missed the fact that it was a second-hand RB you were thinking of buying.  You will need the original CD packaging with the user name and password on it.  If you don't have this, it's not a show-stopper as AirNav Support will be able to help if you let them know the serial number of the RB (printed on the label on the underneath of the hardware receiver.)[/color]

Thanks again Allocator, I'll ask the present owner if he still has the original username & password, good to know that I can still get upgrades and subscribe to network even though it is second hand.

Sandy

sasa1000

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 10:58:15 AM »
Sorry guys, not quite got the hang of this quote insertion yet. lol.
Will have to fiddle around a bit with it. Thanks for all the good info though. :)
May still go down the route of new box yet (I can hear the wife already :( LOL

Sandy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »
I guess now may be a risky time to buy a second-hand box, as you may not have much air traffic around to test that it's working okay.

sasa1000

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
You're right there tarbat, but by the time I get it I guess the situation should be back to normal unless Royal Mail start shipping our mail in instead of using flights. Guess they'll have to. :)