anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upgraded to 3D today..and  (Read 1637 times)

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
Upgraded to 3D today..and
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »
Hi all,

I've upgraded to 3D today and after 5 minutes, my laptop screen went dead! All was well initially and the program was running fine. I'd been running the 2D prog all day as per most days without any difficulty. Does anyone know if the drivers can be affected? The screen is totally duff now unfortunately so have reinstalled onto my Toshiba laptop and all is well.

Couple of questions re the 3D version.

1. Is there any way aircraft can represent the actual types..IE I've just had an IL62 come up but the aircraft model was a grey 767 sort of model.

2. I've also noticed quite a few grey aircraft without liveries...any reason for this as the liveries I would have thought would have been covered generally speaking.

3. Also and finally for now :)  can the box that sits at the top of the screen regarding the time etc, can this be removed at all rather than just greyed out with the time present please?

As no local traffic available at present and as I'm relying on the networked aircraft the program is a little slow with it's updated aircraft movements as I've set them at a 25 second refresh - it's been an expensive upgrade for me £109 plus the possibility of the other laptop either being repaired or a new one :( Here's all goes well with flights in general anyway as there are a lot of people more out of pocket that me at present.

Anyway, back to the 3D version.

Sorry it's been a bit of a rant in places as I love the Airnav brand and am a keen supporter of their products.

Cheers for now and here's to a great weekend.

Dave.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:06:47 PM by Team Spirit »
Best regards Dave.