AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Volcano stops flights  (Read 193673 times)

Dean

• Plane photographer
Volcano stops flights
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:31 AM »
Just seen on the morning news that volcanic ash from Iceland is drifting in the upper atmosphere south and is causing major cancellations in Scotland and drifting south. Leaving my box recording today to see how it develops.

Dean

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: Volcano stops flights
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:32:57 AM »
Hi

We are in Orkney and have had zilch flights so far today-quite sad with out them :(

EMA

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 06:37:55 AM »
Only a few flights in the South East operating in the UK. It will be a positioning nightmare for the Ops.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:39:23 AM »
Hi all flights at BFS and BHD cancelled attached  ascreen shot overview of UK. we're Dooommmeeeddd, Dooommmeeeddd aye tell ye!!!!

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

EMA

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »
I hope users read the forum before logging warranty issues with their Radarbox ;-)

bratters

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »
fascinating to see the flights diminish this morning from northwest to southeast. Just a handful left over the southeast quadrant. Not so fascinating to have my daughter en route to BHX from Taiwan currently stuck at Schippol.

Question - no flights coming in from Atlantic so where are these being diverted to?

EMA

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
Transatlantic aircraft still coming up the South West approaches to the UK.

EMA

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
EGNX report everthing suspended until 18:00 and expected to go on well past that.

g0seg

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:19 AM »
Anyone been watching 2012? I`ve got news for you - it`s early! We`re doooomed!! (well, just for a bit anyway!!) Sweet fanny adams being intercepted in yorkshire - unless you can count the stuff over the Dutch coast that is at 200 miles! Have a good day - unless you`re flying that is and i`m glad i`m retired!

EMA

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 07:06:42 AM »
The Media will have a field day, at least it will push the election off the top spot.

bratters

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:52:25 AM »
Bizzarre -  8 out of the 11 flights I've got are Whizz. A couple of BA and a BMI make up the rest. Why are Whizz still up there?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:10 AM »
Nearest aircraft on the Network aircraft list is now over 270 miles away from me.  And they're saying this could go on for days.

I wonder how this affects air ambulance flights, which are a vital service in the Highlands.  They fly below 5000ft mostly, but can't see them in my aircraft list at the moment.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:22 AM »
Nearest aircraft on the Network aircraft list is now over 270 miles away from me.  And they're saying this could go on for days.

I wonder how this affects air ambulance flights, which are a vital service in the Highlands.  They fly below 5000ft mostly, but can't see them in my aircraft list at the moment.

hello

I see the coastguard helicopter can fly if needed so it is  maybe the same for the ambulance 'planes

Andrew

EMA

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 08:06:11 AM »
Apparently if you can fly VFR lower level then its okay.

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »
Good morning all,

Heres a general view of flight tracks to show where the main aircraft flights are taking place at present.
Best regards Dave.