AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network flights, why the big difference?  (Read 14815 times)

Southwest

Re: Network flights, why the big difference?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
Sorry, I'm not around the next few evenings, but I was planning a trial this afternoon (purely totals) and anyone else who wants to participate is more than welcome.

Well as many will have observed, the network was down at the time I'd earmarked for the experiment, so it didn't happen.  Depending on my movements tomorrow and/or Friday, I'll try to schedule a substitute session.

Good job I'm not a consipatory theorist otherwise I might have suspected that the downtime of the network was planned to coincide with the experiment ha ha ha

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
Good job I'm not a consipatory theorist otherwise I might have suspected that the downtime of the network was planned to coincide with the experiment ha ha ha

Now, now !

Anyway, in view of today's disruption to UK flights I think a raincheck until next week is called for.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Southwest

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »
I couldn't resist but you are probably right about leaving it until next week..

Have a good weekend.

DaveReid

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
Network flights currently running at around the 900 mark (timeouts 30/30), compared to around 1300 at this time yesterday which I guess is consistent with a sizeable proportion of network coverage being UK airspace where nothing IFR is flying at the moment.

Lots of missing registrations, types and silhouettes, presumably connected with the server problems reported in another thread.

The latest news would suggest that the airspace closure is likely to last at least 24 hours, i.e. until midday UTC tomorrow, if not later.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Runway 31

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »
You are lucky Dave, at the moment I am getting 667 flights on the network as the same 30/30 settings.

Glad I am not scheduled to be flying over the weekend!!

DaveReid

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
You are lucky Dave, at the moment I am getting 667 flights on the network as the same 30/30 settings.

I guess I get favoured treatment from AirNav :-)