anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy  (Read 2714 times)

southwest125

Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
« on: April 13, 2010, 12:53:58 AM »
I bought my Radarbox about a month ago. Yet, today the wire that connects the antenna to the actual box broke. Am I still under warranty? How can I get the wire fixed?

Thanks,
Ben

southwest125

Re: Fixing Broken Wire and warranty policy
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »
Yesterday before the wire broke, I was picking up 30+ aircraft. Now with the broken wire, Im struggling to pick up 5 aircraft.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »
Hi sw125, how did you manage to break it?   If it's "abuse" or an accident, you're at AN's mercy!   If it's a genuine fault I'm sure you'll find AN or rather the supplier will be understanding - a new one from W&S is a few pence under £20, with post about £23.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:36:34 AM »
I believe UK consumer law states that your contract is with the person you bought the goods from not the manufacturer, so contact the supplier.  It wil also depend on whether it was a manufacturing defect or through negligence.  If it was a defect you will get a replacement, if neglect you will not.

There is plenty of matter on the internet telling you about your consumer rights.

eggplant

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
I bought my Radarbox about a month ago. Yet, today the wire that connects the antenna to the actual box broke. Am I still under warranty? How can I get the wire fixed?

Thanks,
Ben

You do seem rather unlucky considering that you have already reported a damaged antenna connector in this thread !

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4688.0
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.