anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Server Database Populate Routine  (Read 15546 times)

abrad41

Re: New Server Database Populate Routine
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
Ok Chris

Just wanted to confirm the reason for the overwriting, this one of the things that is top of my list.

Andy

Runway 31

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »
Rod, had a try, nothing doing, probably me not explaining my problem properly I expect

An example on network flight there is flight ID GOL1269 E4833A but it doesnt give the aircraft type, registration, silhouette etc.  If I right click asking to locate mode S code in database explorer, the explorer table remains empty.  Googleing the registration shows this aircraft to be PR-VBW B737-8EH .  Is there anyway of adding this information into database explorer or do I require to wait until the system updates itself?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »
Ah - if you've right clicked to get to Database Explorer, then there's a filter in operation - click the Show All button first, then click the Add Record button. If you add a new record with a filter in operation, the filter stops you seeing the added record.

I hope that's the answer, anyway.

Rod
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »
Cheers Rod, I will give that a try.  Many thanks.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »
Thanks Rod, worked a treat. I appreciate your time, shows the benefit of the forum.

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 11:26:20 AM »
It's a pleasure :-)

Oh - and once you've finished updating the new record, remember to click on a different, existing record before you close the Explorer window - that confirms that you've finished adding the new record and gets it written to the database.

Rod
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:42:10 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
Thanks Rod, noticed that, eventually.

gleff

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 02:01:01 PM »
I accidently deleted my MyLog last night but managed to still have my NavData.db3 file intact.  However, changes that were made previously to the database seem to have disappeared.  It may have been something I did.

Just a question.  When aircraft details are updated and added to the database, is it based on the details in the MyLog?

In other words, does it check the database for an existing record before updating it, or does it just check the MyLog and then update the database accordingly?

I added parts of a record manually in the database, then lost the MyLog, and then the next time the aircraft was seen, the record lacked the information I had changed.
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
In other words, does it check the database for an existing record before updating it, or does it just check the MyLog and then update the database accordingly?

I added parts of a record manually in the database, then lost the MyLog, and then the next time the aircraft was seen, the record lacked the information I had changed.

This post

www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4691.msg46741#msg46741

from AirNav Support would suggest that the measures to ensure that your own updates aren't overwritten by older information from the server are not yet in place.  Presumably they will require a new release of RadarBox in order to be implemented.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

gleff

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
oh crap.. Must have missed that post.. this means all the changes I just did will probably get overwritten again... double crap.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:00:37 PM by gleff »
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

eggplant

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »
AirNav/Dave,

I've read with interest the posts on this thread regarding changes to the AN database. I unticked my auto-populate box several months ago and have been making manual corrections since. Thanks to Dave for the incorrect hex mode references  - I hope they are allowed to continue (if not perhaps Dave could post them on another site forum ?).

My question is, can I now assume the AN database is atively up to date (of course I know there is no such thing as a perfect database), and therefore I can tick my auto-populate box and stop making manual updates ?

Thanks

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

eggplant

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
I'll take that as "no" then.

Thanks for your help.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.