AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Wikipedia page vandalized  (Read 10628 times)

DaveG

Re: RadarBox Wikipedia page vandalized
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
These and other attacks are simply to do with trying to damage the reputation of AirNav Systems in any way possible.

Thanks for reply, still have loads of post to catch-up on (over years worth) but your last para is my point, if its attack on Airnav in anyway there must be better action that can be taken in private, maybe via lawyers.

Full credit in the idea of not hiding anything from customers and allowing bugs, feature requests etc to be discussed in open forum.

On topic of Wiki, does it allow anyone to edit page or can you setup a page that can only be edited by you or wiki staff?  If this is the case why not create a "Official Wiki page" for Radarbox and within that state that any other page is not official.
Cornwall, UK

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
On topic of Wiki, does it allow anyone to edit page or can you setup a page that can only be edited by you or wiki staff?

"Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet users who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or with their real identity, if they choose, though the latter is discouraged for safety reasons. The Wikipedia community has developed many policies and guidelines to improve the encyclopedia, however, it is not a formal requirement to be familiar with them before contributing.

Every contribution may be reviewed or changed. The expertise or qualifications of the user is usually not considered. This is possible since Wikipedia's intent is to cover existing knowledge which is verifiable from other sources, original research and ideas are therefore excluded. People of all ages and cultural and social backgrounds can write Wikipedia articles as most of the articles can be edited by anyone with access to the Internet simply by clicking the edit this page link (found at the top of every editable page). Anyone is welcome to add information, cross-references, or citations, as long as they do so within Wikipedia's editing policies and to an appropriate standard. Substandard or disputed information is subject to removal. Users need not worry about accidentally damaging Wikipedia when adding or improving information, as other editors are always around to advise or correct obvious errors, and Wikipedia's software is carefully designed to allow easy reversal of editorial mistakes."
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Team

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
Yes, it is possible to have a Wiki type page that is moderated.  This is a project that was started a while back, but other priorities lead to it being put on the back-burner.

http://radarbox.pbworks.com/

It was meant to be a RB community collaborative document, so if anybody is interested, we'll take another look at this.

radarspotter10

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Hi all
Would the vultures be that stupid, would they ? lol
Maybe another donation or a free box for the upkeep of the vultures site is going their way again.
DNFTT
from pat.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
It would appear that some people have little else to do other than attempt to attract people to a site that takes every opportunity to criticize AirNav, quote posts from this forum out of context and make personal attacks on individuals - I feature there quite often and I'm not a member of the forum - how does that work!!!!!!

I've also featured a fair bit recently, and yet the site moderators will not allow me to re-instate my forum membership so that I can respond to the criticisms of me.  Shameful.

abrad41

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »
I think some of the people on here should run to be a MP in the next Goverment - they all act like silly children too.

Protzenalp

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
I think some of the people on here should run to be a MP in the next Goverment - they all act like silly children too.

I concur with the honourable gentleman.
I thought I left stuff like this behind when I left primary school.... 

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »

I concur with the honourable gentleman.
I thought I left stuff like this behind when I left primary school.... 

Yes, it looks like we are into a ******* contest here.  I was the original author of this Wiki and it did develop quite nicely, but that has all ended now.  Quite why this editor, no matter who he is, can't go and create their own Wiki.

---------------------

For any version listed below, click on its date to view it. For more help, see Help:Page history and Help:Edit summary.
External tools: Revision history statistics · Revision history search · Number of watchers · Page view statistics (cur) = difference from current version, (prev) = difference from preceding version,  m = minor edit, → = section edit, ← = automatic edit summary

* (cur | prev) 18:32, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (Undid revision 355801446 by Allocator101 (talk)) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
    * (cur | prev) 18:30, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
    * (cur | prev) 18:28, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
    * (cur | prev) 17:59, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
    * (cur | prev) 15:58, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
    * (cur | prev) 10:36, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
    * (cur | prev) 06:30, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)

Allocator

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
Well, I've wasted enough time on this.  This troublemaker obviously considers that their link to another website is far more important than any of the other links.  I encourage everybody to read all the information out there on the web and to make their own minds up :-)

The Internet is a wonderful thing, but only up to a point.  It's reassuring that somebody is so threatened that they want to cause trouble like this.

# (cur | prev)  18:59, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,130 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:58, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (3,129 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:56, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,129 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
# (cur | prev) 18:54, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (3,128 bytes) (Undid revision 355805051 by Radarspotters (talk)) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:50, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,129 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
# (cur | prev) 18:44, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (3,128 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:39, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (3,066 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:37, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (3,067 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:32, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (Undid revision 355801446 by Allocator101 (talk)) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
# (cur | prev) 18:30, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 18:28, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
# (cur | prev) 17:59, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 15:58, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (→External links) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)
# (cur | prev) 10:36, 13 April 2010 Allocator101 (talk | contribs) (2,954 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
# (cur | prev) 06:30, 13 April 2010 Radarspotters (talk | contribs) m (3,067 bytes) (undo) (Tag: possible conflict of interest)

EMA

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »
Yes, very tiresome.

It would appear that some people have little else to do other than attempt to attract people to a site that takes every opportunity to criticize AirNav, quote posts from this forum out of context and make personal attacks on individuals - I feature there quite often and I'm not a member of the forum - how does that work!!!!!!

I once was a member of said site and took part in their photo competiton, the voting was reset before the closing date because I was in first place. :-)

Allocator

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
I've just been given a 'red card' by Wiki and they are now deleting my 3D screenshots on receipt for 'copywrite' reasons -lol

I guess that we'll just have to live without a RadarBox Wiki.

radarspotter10

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »
Yes, very tiresome.

I once was a member of said site and took part in their photo competiton, the voting was reset before the closing date because I was in first place. :-)

Hi.
If you notice that site says there aircraft spotters, but at every opportunity they try to take down AirNav ShipTrax ,
 "what the hell has ShipTrax got to with aircraft spotting".
that just proves the site is just there to take down this airnav site nothing else,
if airnav had a program for pigeon spotting they would probably shoot them to
lol
from pat