anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: data back up  (Read 5151 times)

glideslope

data back up
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
Hi folks,

I have read post: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=633.0
re data back up, I have copied these files from my laptop to update my desktop pc but the
odd thing is that the logs have started from scratch, I also note 'comments' in my log, the date and time I spotted aircraft this has not transferred over nor has any of the photo's I copied over from my laptop.

anyone any thoughts on this...?

thanks,

glideslope.

20 DME East of LAM, South Essex. UK.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: data back up
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:57:33 AM »
Hi Glideslope

Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so did you install RadarBox in the default folder? If the answer to both these questions is "Yes", then you may be suffering from the Virtual Store problem.

As far as I know (I'm an XP man myself) the best solution would be to reinstall RadarBox away from Program Files - into a folder such as C:\AirNav and copy the data files into the Data folder there.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

glideslope

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
Hi Rod,

Many thanks for the reply, I should have mentioned that I was transfering my logs from
a Win7 laptop to XP desktop, all files were over writen so dont understand why they dont show up.

glideslope.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:38 AM »
Copying the MyLog.db3 and NavData.db3 DOES work as I've done this loads of times.  If you have the right database files in the right place, RB will use them.

I wonder if you have more than one RB installation on your desktop?  I have a number of installations as newer versions of RB create new install directories, so I always have to double check what I'm copying and where I'm putting it.

Hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »
Ref Reply#1

Rod,

As I mentioned in a previous posting, although I had the Virtual Store problem with Airnav installed under Prog files and no trouble when I reinstalled it in C whilst running Vista, unless I've been very lucky the same probs don't occur with Windows7 as I found out when I inadvertently upgraded to 3.13 with default install to Prog Files.
Perhaps other Win7 users will confirm.
I've attached a couple of snips.

regards,

Syd.

glideslope

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 03:42:02 PM »
Hi folks,

Thanks for your thoughts guys, have check my installation and have only one directory, have again tried to transfer the two files over to desktop, double checking that I was doing it right but still it does not work, mylog defaults to 0 and starts over, most odd.

glideslope.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
What is the size of your MyLog.db3 file?

Mine is 69,653 KB but I've been running RB for a long time.

Is there any chance that for some reason you are copying an empty file?

Is there a MyLog.db3-journal file showing in the new directory (I'm presuming that you have got the file extensions set to show so that you can be sure you are copying the right files?)

glideslope

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
Hi Allocator,

Thanks again for the help, have found how to get RB data into XP from Win7, was not aware of the  Win7 'virtualStore' appData  directory, transferred from there and logs and photo's have transferred in XP desktop ok.

cheers,

glideslope.