anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Obsolete data for link reg-> aircraft  (Read 2520 times)

caspar69

Obsolete data for link reg-> aircraft
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »
Hi folks,

this might be a unique thing to German regs ... quite a lot of times, when a reg is listed ilve and later in the log, the respective aircraft information is obsolete.

In Germany registrations could be used several times for different aircraft over several years.

In example, we have Lufthansa A319, reg D-AIBA (MSN4141), flying around, but the Radarbox still lists it as A300B4 (MSN0053), or Air Berlin B737-800 D-ABKB, which is listed as B727-230 of Lufthansa.

It seems, as AirNav is collecting always the oldest information, when linking the Reg to the aircraft data base ... I have no clue, what source is being used for that information.

Does any body know any thing about that, or how to improve that??
Any help would be nice ...

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Obsolete data for link reg-> aircraft
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »
Hi folks,

this might be a unique thing to German regs ... quite a lot of times, when a reg is listed ilve and later in the log, the respective aircraft information is obsolete.

In Germany registrations could be used several times for different aircraft over several years.

In example, we have Lufthansa A319, reg D-AIBA (MSN4141), flying around, but the Radarbox still lists it as A300B4 (MSN0053), or Air Berlin B737-800 D-ABKB, which is listed as B727-230 of Lufthansa.

It seems, as AirNav is collecting always the oldest information, when linking the Reg to the aircraft data base ... I have no clue, what source is being used for that information.

Does any body know any thing about that, or how to improve that??
Any help would be nice ...

Re-use of registrations is by no means unique to Germany, many other countries do the same - the USA being a notable example.

AirNav are well aware of the problem and its implications.  It would not be appropriate to comment further than that.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »

Looks like these need refreshing by Airnav from the GAS database.  The one highlighted in your screenshot shows on GAS as:

Airnav Support, how often/frequently is the Airnav server database refreshed from GAS?

You can try to correct the data in the Radarbox Database Explorer.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:47:11 PM by tarbat »

caspar69

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »
Hi folks,

of course yes, I forgotten the US ... where the have the same issue ...
Thks DaveReid

Tarbat - thks for your tip ... I try to change the info accordingly

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »

AirNav are well aware of the problem and its implications.  It would not be appropriate to comment further than that.

Dave

I've been off work with a stomach bug all day - I was doing fine until I read your marvellous comment - I am now in severe risk of having to take tomorrow off work as my stomach muscles are so sore from laughing - cheered me up no end though!

Rich