anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very slow load time for Radarbox  (Read 5367 times)

XR220

Very slow load time for Radarbox
« on: March 27, 2010, 09:35:40 AM »
Hello

I've been using Radarbox for 18 months with a reasonably fast computer, (Intel Dual Core CPU). I use RB for around 12 hours a week.

Obviously, as the MyLog and NavData files have got larger it has taken RB longer to load. However, in the last three weeks loading RB has slowed right down so that it now takes an annoying 1 minute and 12 seconds from clicking on the icon to the first aircraft showing on the map. ( It used to be around 35 - 40 seconds ).

Is this a normal load time, and if it is can anthing be done to speed up the load time.

For reference : Database Explorer shows 83311 lines of info. MyLog shows 9682 aircraft.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Jim

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: Very slow load time for Radarbox
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »
Hi Jim

I'm afraid I'm not particularly "techie" enough to understand the logic of pc's, however my start up does occassionally take around a couple of minutes for a few weeks, and then inexplicably reverts to a more normal load time?

I presume it's something within the pc itself rather than the RB software, but I'm sure there will be plenty of other forum users much more qualified to offer advice

you are not alone!

Regards

Rich

M3ZVE

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Hi Jim,
I have noticed exactly the same thing happening to me just
lately it is taking alot longer to load than it used to.
For your info i have a fast computer one of the new quad core
i7 procesors evrything else on my machine loads very fast.

Regards,

Ian.
Ian
575 Feet ASL
24 NM North of EGNX

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »
Is this a normal load time, and if it is can anthing be done to speed up the load time.

You can delete old data from MyLog, using MYLOG - TOOLS MENU - DELETE OLD DATA.  You will still keep all your aircraft logs, but this will delete old flights.  I normally keep one month's worth of flight data, for my 11,500 aircraft.

bratters

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
If you've got AVG anti-virus installed, check out that you've excluded the Airnav folder from start-up checking which seems to last for ever.

AVG Interface/Tools/Advanced Settings/Resident Shield/Directory Excludes/ wherever you have your RB files.

XR220

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

My RB directories are already excluded in my Anti Virus software, so that's not the problem.

I have searched all the menus including Tools and MyLog but cannot find the 'Delete old Data' command, can someone tell me how to get to this delete command and remove the old data ?

Thanks

Jim

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »
Jim, while viewing MyLog, use Tools>Delete Old Data and enter the date as required.

DVDW

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
Airnav, maybe a suggestion for future versions.

Personally I would prefer a more tunable "Delete Old Data" function which offers the possibility to exclude certain planes or companies from the deletion of older flights.

I would be delighted with a tool that offers me the possibility to delete all those daily returning flights but to keep rare flights as the Air Force 1 by example.

Regards,

Dirk.