anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DataBase help  (Read 5988 times)

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
DataBase help
« on: August 25, 2008, 08:19:18 PM »
Hi,

I have noticed that the aircraft type or part of it right after the registration. As you can see from the screenshots (sorry about the quality) it is showing the aircraft type in the same box (AR) in either MyLog or DataBase Explorer.

I have tried to corret this in both DB Explorer and MyLog but when I close the window and reopen to check if it remained correct, it doesn't, it goes back to th incorrect format.

I have tried to restart it but I still have the same problem.

So I tried to clear MyLog and import from my old SBS files (SQB file) it imported everything fine, but most of the aircraft had the same problem aircraft type and reg. in the same box!

I deleted MyLog waited a few seconds I clicked refresh and guess what? Even the new aircraft it has just picked up shows with the same problem in MyLog and the DB obviously.

Whar do I do?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
Re: DataBase help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »
Shot 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »
Bit confused here.

Did you attempt to change anything in the aircraft table? Or has the navdata database been corrupted?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
What I did was added new callsigns to the DB Explorer under Routes. I then populate them. So I was only playing with the Routes table.

After doing a few new routes for the DB I noticed, as I reported last night in another post, that I get weird info on the screen. The second line should be Reg-A/C type, I started seeing the type repeated twice . When I opened MyLog and the DB I found that, as you can see from the shots, that there are entries of the type or part of the type in the AR column which is causing it to show that info on my screen.

In some cases the whole callsign has been removed from the AT column to the AR column.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »
Best to uninstall and install again as I think you may have corrupted something as we have never seen that before.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
ahh ok thanks.

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
Yup that fixed it but MyLog and DB lost all the old info. I did back them up but when I put them back in the Data folder it shows the old bad format.

Wayne

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »
An aside to this - I have tried on several occasions to change the registration of G-TTIA which has now become G-OZBS in the aircraft table using Database Explorer. The change doesn't seem to hold and persists in displaying as G-TTIA.

I made changes to AR and AC and then clicked outside of these amended fields. Any reason why this wouldn't accept the change ? I have re-booted after making the change and have done this before and had changes implemented.

Wayne

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »
Did you click outside of the amended record.  You must click on another aircraft to commit the update.

Wayne

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
Well no. I searched firstly or the Mode-S code for the aircraft and of course that displays just the single line. I made the changes using the Edit Cell button and then clicked on an unedited cell within the same row.

That's how I have always done it and as the search for a specific Mode-s is only ever going to return one single row I don't see how there would be another aircraft in that current table view to click on.

I have always managed a commit by doing that.

Wayne

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
Follwed your advice and now searched for G-TTI and this returened several rows. Made the change again and then clicked on the row belo the change and exited Database Explorer.

Now lost the aircraft from both the list and the map so will wait and see what happens next time I pick it up !

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:34 AM »
Have just picked this aircraft up again and it's still not held the changed data, still shows as G-TTIA and has reverted back to this in the aircraft table too.

Is this something that needs looking at or is it a known problem ?

Wayne

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
Maybe I have the answer here. When I first noticed the Monarch flight with an easyJet registration I checked GAS which was still showing the aircraft belonging to easyJet as G-TTIA. I then checked airframes.org which told me the airframe was now G-OZBS. Did the edit as I would usually but the edit was always changed back to the original.

Does RB check each Mode-S against GAS before decoding it ? If so it should work now as I notice GAS now has the updated details.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:21:42 PM »
It would make more sense if each aircraft is looked for in MyLog to see if you have seen it before, and only if it is not in there go to other sources of information to look for it. :-)

Mike