anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: North American sqauwk codes?  (Read 1623 times)

NF2G

North American sqauwk codes?
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
I just started running the SquawkBox add-on.  Unfortunately, its database of codes is based on Europe.  The Virgin America airbus squawking 3313 over western Massachusetts is assuredly not military and has nothing to do with Shanwick.

Does anyone have codes for the USA and Canada?

73 de Dave, NF2G

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: North American sqauwk codes?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »
Hi

If you go into the squawkbox folder you can then rename squawk_codes to European squawk codes. Then rename the USA_squawk_codes to Squawk_codes.

I think this should work for you.

Andrew

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »
NF2G, I have searched the internet on many occasions looking for squawk codes for different countries. The codes that I have included with SquawkBox are ones that I have found from various aviation sites and/or forums. For USA & Canada the list is sadly far from complete as you have noticed. As these lists are internal to air traffic control (with it seems the sole exception of the UK, which are listed publically at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/enr/EG_ENR_1_6_en.pdf) you would really need contact with someone in ATC in your particular country to give you a list.

The procedure stated by orkney to replace the UK codes that SquawkBox uses with another list is correct.

NF2G

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 06:02:09 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I'm a bit embarassed because I didn't realize there were several code lists in  the directory already. 

If I can figure out any codes, I'll update the list.

73 de Dave, NF2G