AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Spring Clean  (Read 24571 times)

eggplant

Re: Database Spring Clean
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »
Hi Dave,

I manually update my db but it seems to be a never ending time consuming task. I would be interested in any utility that you may have to make the job easier.

Thanks
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Blincodave

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Aer
Hi Dave,

I manually update my db but it seems to be a never ending time consuming task. I would be interested in any utility that you may have to make the job easier.

Thanks

The two utilities I know of (Aerodata and ADU) require a subscription to their databases.

Dave

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
The two utilities I know of (Aerodata and ADU) require a subscription to their databases.

The utility I'm referring to (see above screenshots) isn't planned to be chargeable.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Geot

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 12:06:47 PM »
Dave - I would very much like to obtain a copy of your Utility as the ANRB update process is very cumbersome and slow. With AirNav using a photographic site to update a DB, (what logic!), my ANRB DB is constantly being corrupted with erroneous data. Yesterday I got an Air Canada DC-8 come up, a couple of weeks ago, it was an AC L-1011 - both long, long gone from the fleet. Those standout easliy but there are many biz and others which are less obvious; at an airport I can see from my Aerodata Analyser, (and confirm with my eyes), that the type that ANRB shows is in a fact a completely different type of aircraft, quite common with bizjets, but how much else is slipping through.

GeoT

DaveReid

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
Dave - I would very much like to obtain a copy of your Utility as the ANRB update process is very cumbersome and slow. With AirNav using a photographic site to update a DB, (what logic!), my ANRB DB is constantly being corrupted with erroneous data. Yesterday I got an Air Canada DC-8 come up, a couple of weeks ago, it was an AC L-1011 - both long, long gone from the fleet. Those standout easliy but there are many biz and others which are less obvious; at an airport I can see from my Aerodata Analyser, (and confirm with my eyes), that the type that ANRB shows is in a fact a completely different type of aircraft, quite common with bizjets, but how much else is slipping through.

I'm currently working on an additional facility to keep a transaction log of updates made by users.

The idea is that if and when the AirNav server overwrites your painstaking updates with incorrect, out-of-date or plain blank information (see www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4602.0) then you will have the ability to re-apply your updates with a single mouse-click.

Yes, I know it shouldn't be necessary, but we have to work with the current system until such time as a more intelligent server update architecture is implemented.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Chris11

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Anything happening here?

DaveReid

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
Anything happening here?

Well it's been overtaken by events, in particular by AirNav's promise of an imminent update to the server architecture that will see an end to users' updates being overwritten without asking.

I don't know what stage that's at, but I would guess it will be released soon:

We have stated clearly more than once that we are looking into this and will have news soon.