anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Spring Clean  (Read 24579 times)

dudbaker

Re: Database Spring Clean
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
Allocator

Thanks but I am not worried about My flights or Network.  My concern is:  I update Mylog which resummable updates mylog.db3 then next time the aircaft is detected it deletes my amendment.  Eg, there is ... in a box.  I replace this A64D.  Next time the aircraft is detected ... .  Or even worse if empty then amended becomes empty next time the aircraft is detected.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
So why don't you make the change in NavData.db3 using Database Explorer then?  That is where the ... is coming from.

If you then manually delete the ... in the MyLog entry, a MyLog Populate will then write in the correct data that you have entered using Database Explorer.

abrad41

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »

Try these instructions - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.htm

May I add to this - tarbat instructions will not work with the latest version of SQlite, What I do is export with the latest version and import with the previous version.

The MyLog database is populated from the data that is in NavData when the aircraft is detected and in written to MyLog.

Can I remember something about all the fields must be populated in the NavData, including the PT,LK,PT2,LK2 fields for the information not to be over written.

Andy

dudbaker

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »
Allocator

I put Database Explorer in Google and came up with pages of them.  Can I use any of them?

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

btclarke

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
How about AirNavSupport give a little tutorial for us?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »
Dudley

We're talking about the Database Explorer that you get when you use RadarBox's File menu and choose Database Explorer there. That's the manual way to get to the NavDatat.db3 file.

Rod
Rod

dudbaker

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »
Rod

Tried that with the same result.

Thanks

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
Rod

Tried that with the same result.

Thanks

Dudley

Have you watched the AirNav video on Manual Database updates?  via the button at the top right of the Forum.

You can also right click on the aircraft in the list and go straight to that aircraft in the database.

btclarke

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Have you watched the AirNav video on Manual Database updates?  via the button at the top right of the Forum.

Thanks for that! Is there any way to update the stored records?

Allocator

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
If you mean the MyLog records, yes.

Using the MyLog window and the edit/delete buttons to change the fields.

Or, as I mentioned previously - If you then manually delete a field in the MyLog entry, a MyLog Populate will then write in the correct data that you have entered using Database Explorer.  Try it with one record to see how it works.

dudbaker

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
Hi

The video, highlighted by Allocator, makes play of selecting Show All before coming out of Database explorer.  I have tried that.  I need to detect some aircaft to prove the results.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]

dudbaker

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
Hi

Detected ZH888 twice today.  Both occasions C130J became C130 in Mylog.  Database Explorer remained C130J.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »
If it's of any interest to anyone, here's the utility I use on those occasions where I need to make manual updates to the NavData.db3 database:

If there's sufficient interest from users who want to manually update their NavData, now that AirNav seem to have decided to do nothing about the database from their end, I'll look at making the utility available for download.

This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
DaveReid,

Just because we haven't bought your services doesn't mean we have decided to do nothing. We have stated clearly more than once that we are looking into this and will have news soon.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Just because we haven't bought your services doesn't mean we have decided to do nothing. We have stated clearly more than once that we are looking into this and will have news soon.

Fine, I stand corrected. 

In the meantime, I'll do my best to assist users who are endeavouring to keep their NavData.db3 up-to-date themselves from external sources.  Presumably you don't have any problem with that.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour