anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: select buttons freezing up  (Read 1733 times)

glideslope

select buttons freezing up
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »
Hi folks,

Wonder if someone can help, this problem just started, use a interface button and all freeze up can only cure it by closing the prog in task manager and re starting then it will be ok for one or two selections then freeze up again. Strange not had only probs before now and no changes have been made to pc.

pc is Core 2 Duo 2.2 2 gig ram Win XP with SP3.

I have read this post: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4378.msg44233#msg44233

same thing happens the selected panel dissappears behind the main and both freeze up, I am using 3.13 2010 and not 3D, I also use a laptop with Win7 and radarbox with no probs but desktop pc is in my radio shack so would like to try and cure it if possible.

thanks for any thoughts.

regards,

glideslope
20 DME East of LAM, South Essex. UK.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: select buttons freezing up
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
Hi Glideslope,

I do get this problem myself every now and then and I can't pinpoint why it does it sometimes and not others.

When the Preferences window disappears, use ALT+F4 to close the hidden window(I think that's right - somebody will correct me if I've got it wrong).  If you reduce the size of the RB interface rather than having it at full screen (you might have to make it quite small) then select Preferences again, you will see the window behind the RB window.  You can then make any selections you like without having to shout RB down.  It doesn't seem to prevent RB from doing the same thing next time you select Preferences, but at least you will know what is happening.

I've tried to reproduce this bug to help AirNav sort it out, but it's so infrequent, I can't figure out why it is happening.

This link shows the MS Windows keyboard shortcuts and ALT+F4

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

glideslope

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 05:14:51 PM »
Hi allocator,

Many thanks for the reply and help, have noted this. I have been looking into my 'nView Desktop Manager' in title bar buttons in has a box for 'Run Desktop Maximise' I un-checked this box, first thing I noticed is that the odd little box that appears in the top right of the RD interface when starting up has gone, have just now been running around the interface with no probs showing at all, where as before it would freeze on any selection, not sure if this was the problem or not so will give it some more time and add further reply.

regards,

glideslope.   

glideslope

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »
Hi folks,

Well I pretty much convinced that the nView Desktop Manager was the cause of a conflict,
have been clicking buttons on the interface over and over plus restarting RD/re-booting pc  and all is well, no freezing up at all.

regards,

glideslope.