AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Populating Airline column  (Read 2446 times)

mjleprix

Populating Airline column
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
I suppose this is a question for Airnav, but feel free to chip in. The biggest area of misssing info (other than the correct data in the first place) is Flight id and Airline, the former often wrong and therefore producing incorrect or no airline. As and when we have a good database why do we not let the Reg produce the airline instead. If the airline was flying for somebody else we would see that with the flight ID. It would eliminate so many gaps.
Just a thought.
Mike P

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Populating Airline column
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Aircraft changing airlines happens all the time, that would mean if your database is not kept up to date (which isn't easy) you will soon be out of date.

Flight ID have there 3 letter identifier regardless whether the aircraft moved airlines it would change its Flight ID and the software works out its new airline. The 3 letter identifier rarely changes for airlines compared to aircraft moving between companies.

If your not getting any Flight ID then these are likey to be aircraft just out of your reception area that your not getting full messages from or GA aircraft.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mjleprix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
Thanks for that, Airnav. Many may be GA aircraft But they would be populated with the owner etc if using a reliable database. I have used a reliable database for sometime and I disagree that aircraft change operators that often that a good database that is updated as often as twice a week which mine is would not cope with that eventuality. Purely another way of looking at it, but we are all interested in filling these gaps on our screens., and equally I know you are working towards that to.
Thanks
Mike P

mjleprix

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »
As an addition to my earlier message, all my aircraft rec'd are within an 80 mile radius which suits me because if I'm not going to be able to see it I'm generally not interested, but I use the ariel supplied in the loft and was unaware that using a better ariel would increase the info I receive on the aircraft I already see in terms of Flight ID in particular. So I presume that many users of more elaborate ariels,have relatively few gaps in their airline column. Well, guys is this the case. I would be interested to know.
Thanks
Mike P

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
What version of RadarBox are you using ?

Older versions weren't able to decode as many Flight IDs as newer versions.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

mjleprix

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:59:33 PM »
Dave
I'm using the latest version.3.15