anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems  (Read 1747 times)

vassylad

Problems
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
Hi guys, I have a few problems the main one is I have so much data missing off the screen, for example the Flight ID, Aircraft and Registrations do not populate on the screen, but when I click on the space where for example the registration should be within a few seconds the registration appears, its far worse on the network with missing gaps all over the place, I have around 80+ registrations in my Smart View but alas I am lucky to see just 2, I know there is something fundamentaly wrong here but what, my RB has just come back from being repaired the USB socket had become loose, it was all tested and in good working order I am sure this is a software issue, I recently converted to Windows 7 could this be causing the said problems.

TIA Michael

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
Hi Michael

This is normal behaviour by RadarBox. It sounds as if you have done a fresh install, so your NavData.db3 database will be the released version, dating back a few months now.

If you had transferred your old database to the new machine there would be fewer gaps, but at least this way you will be getting fresher, updated info from the AirNav servers, and you'll be getting more recent photos as well if you didn't copy your old ones across.

In that situation, I tend to sort by, for example, Aircraft, go to the end, and up-arrow rapidly through all the blank records - that's a relatively quick way of getting them populated.

Hope that helps.

Rod
Rod

vassylad

Re: Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »
Thanks ever so much Rod

Mike

Hi Michael

This is normal behaviour by RadarBox. It sounds as if you have done a fresh install, so your NavData.db3 database will be the released version, dating back a few months now.

If you had transferred your old database to the new machine there would be fewer gaps, but at least this way you will be getting fresher, updated info from the AirNav servers, and you'll be getting more recent photos as well if you didn't copy your old ones across.

In that situation, I tend to sort by, for example, Aircraft, go to the end, and up-arrow rapidly through all the blank records - that's a relatively quick way of getting them populated.

Hope that helps.

Rod
[/quote]