anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav "abuse of Kinetic support forum"  (Read 6254 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
AirNav "abuse of Kinetic support forum"
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:30:39 AM »
I was wondering if AirNav had any comment to make on the statement on the Kinetic forum:

Forum Abuse - Peter787 Unmasked
The ongoing endeavour by AirNav to use these forums for commercial sniping and not for the furtherance of the community. These forums are a support forum. They are NOT for commercial gain. Kinetic does not engage in such activities on our forum or any one elses forums and such behaviour must stop. Peter787 has used three IP addresses to access this forum and peddle his so called views. The principal address resolves to airnav2.infotechsys.com, the official support address used by AirNav systems. We hope that AirNav and their affiliated employees, beta testers and other associated parties will refrain from using our forum. We are monitoring very carefully the supposedly independent statements they make and our lawyers have warned that they are treading on very thin ice. Once again, these forums are for genuine users, prospective users and interested parties and are the hub of a support community. Please recognise abuse when you see it and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Would you be able to confirm or deny that Peter787 is connected with AirNav Systems ?

MTIA
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav "abuse of Kinetic support forum"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
Hi Dave,

The comments left using that IP address will be looked at, to whether it was employee, affiliate, beta tester etc.. However we have taken a look at the posts and do not accept that the posts were "abuse" and in fact were genuine questions that either were being asked by other customers or in fact were showing illegal use on there product.

Further that Kinetic are in no high point considering the comments they made about RadarBox (and employees of AirNav) when we launched and the attacks on our forum during the first few weeks of launch. (whether related or caused)

However if we find any member of company who is posting any such unapproiate abuse they will be dealt with.

On a final note we are happy (support or development) to answer any questions whether they are hard or easy as we have shown on the forum (just look through the hundreds of posts) unlike other companies.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:40:23 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
One a final note we are happy (support or development) to answer any questions whether they are hard or easy as we have shown on the forum (just look through the hundreds of posts) unlike other companies.

A major factor in my decision to now buy a Radarbox.  If only I'd known back in June 2007 what I know now.

doro

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »
My advice: lock this topic and spend your time on 1.4.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »
Time is being spent on 1.4. (see the point of situation post) The topic is being left open to show we have nothing to hide and that we are happy to answer any question.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:55:36 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »
I have both running RB and SBS1, both have strengths and weaknesses but I enjoy both of them and would not be without either  :-)

doro

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »
I have both running RB and SBS1, both have strengths and weaknesses but I enjoy both of them and would not be without either  :-)

Me too. So lets get 1.4 on the road.