AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts  (Read 7239 times)

Spaice

Alerts
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
Hello fellow RB users, I am a new user and have been using the radar box for a week now and have enjoyed every moment so far.  However when using the alerts feature to view airbus A320 or B74* movements from Heathrow, I have experianced a complete system lock up requiring that I reboot my computer (XP pro).  I am unable to reproduce the problem, it seems to be random but may follow multiple alert responses.   Is this a known feature with a fix?

Spaice

Re: Alerts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
I have been using the visual notification which displays a message on screen with details of the flight details.  There maybe a number of alerts to view in a short period of time.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »
What kind of Windows version are you using?
Also where did you buy your RadarBox from?
Tks!

Spaice

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »
I am using windows XP pro and the RB was purchased from Martin Lynch

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »
If you use a wildcard in Heathrow area we have up to 200 aircraft at a time and it could be you are getting alerted to 50 or 60 at once which can be a heavy load.
If your PC has on board Graphics it is worth spending a little bit to up grade your video card.

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

HH

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »
Hello Spaice,

I have the same, random problem with alerts since Version 1.3. After some time the program freezes - regardless if I only activate sound or message window or both - and after freezing I can only terminate the program and restart it. And in fact it doesn't matter how many alerts you get. It sometimes freezes my machine with 1 or 2 alerts. It is indeed very annoying if you like this feature.

The problem might be solved with Version 1.4 according to AirNav Support.

Regards,

Markus

Marinus

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
Hello Spaice,

I have the same, random problem with alerts since Version 1.3. After some time the program freezes - regardless if I only activate sound or message window or both - and after freezing I can only terminate the program and restart it. And in fact it doesn't matter how many alerts you get. It sometimes freezes my machine with 1 or 2 alerts. It is indeed very annoying if you like this feature.

The problem might be solved with Version 1.4 according to AirNav Support.

Regards,

Markus

I've got the exact same thing as Markus describes above, hope this
will be adressed in version 1.4 as I like this feature very much.....

Regards,

Marinus.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
This will be fully tested so we hope to have it eradicated for 1.4.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Spaice

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
Thanks for all the comments, look forward to installing version 1.4 when it's available.  In the meantime I will add an additional 1GB ram just in case it's a resource issue; as I also run the software for my Icom IC-R1500 from the computer at the same time.

EINN-07

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 09:05:55 PM »
Hi Spaice

I have the Icom PCR1500 on my desktop also. If you bring up task manager by right clicking on the task bar at the bottom of your screen and look at the Processes tab you will see what's taking up the resources. You'll be surprised to see how little the Icom actually uses. Hope this helps.

Gerry

Spaice

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Gerry

You are right the IC-R1500 software uses very little of the memory, but I have been meaning to add the extra memory for some time, it can only help, especially if you leave the RB running while running other applications.

Regards

Stephen