anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 1.4 - Point of Situation  (Read 30661 times)

John Racars

Re: RadarBox 1.4 - Point of Situation
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »
Are you using V1.3 or V1.4?

Hi Allocator,

Thank you for your fast reaction! But I must have missed really some important thing. Is version 1.4 already available for use? Please give me the link and I will install it immediately.

BTW I am using version 1.3 until sofar.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »
John,

I'm a beta tester for V1.4 which is due to be released very soon - I was just checking what version you have.

I haven't picked up PH-BXW, although I have picked up most of the aircraft in the series.

Click the link below for a full size version on MyLog V1.4 to see the aircraft.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2281453429_ea960fec88_o.jpg

To overcome your problem with PH-BXW not populating, look in your AirNav RadarBox 2007/Data/Photo directory and see if you have either of these 2 files:

PH-BXW.jpg
PH-BXW,2.jpg

If you only have the one file PH-BXW.jpg then delete it.

Next, make sure that you have "Download 2 photos" selected in the preferences menu.

Next time you detect PH-BXW either live or on the network, then the record for that aircraft should be populated and 2 aircraft photos will be downloaded.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:20:48 PM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
John,

Further ot my last message, I don't think that the autopopulate is working a the moment.  Sometimes it does stop working to to loading on the GAS server.

AirNav Support, don't know if you can check this?

Thanks

Allocator

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »
Further ot my last message, I don't think that the autopopulate is working a the moment.  Sometimes it does stop working to to loading on the GAS server.

AirNav Support, don't know if you can check this?

I don't think autopopulate has been working for days :(

I emailed AirNav support again this morning about this problem, but no reply.

Here's my email to them:
Has there been any progress made on this problem.  I’m still seeing lots of aircraft not autopopulating.  For example, over the last 16 hours, out of 160 aircraft, 17 have no registration.  I’ve checked some of these, and they have details on GAS.

45D2EF, 32C2F1, 40132F, 89610C, 896004, 40128A, 32C078, 400825, A02141, 47340E, 40134B, 4CC0DD, 401122, 4BCEBA, A77706, 43C054, 43C028.

Is this likely to be resolved soon?  If not, can I beta test v1.4 so that I can workaround this problem.

This is getting quite frustrating, since it always seems to be the most interesting aircraft that don't get registrations and photos, even though I know they exist on GAS and airliners.net.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:00:23 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
This is almost certainly a GAS server problem Tarbat.  It's much the same as the AirNav ACARS Decoder if you use that - it is dependant on the Internet servers being up to provide the data.

I don't know how the GAS server works, but the loading could still be down to the SBS users populating their logos.

Did you email Support direct as they issue a job number and they always get back to me.

[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »
PH-BXW.jpg
PH-BXW,2.jpg

If you only have the one file PH-BXW.jpg then delete it.

Next, make sure that you have "Download 2 photos" selected in the preferences menu.

Allocator,

Thanks again!

Both files are NOT there so there is nothing to delete I think.

"Download 2 photos" option in the preferencesmenu is selected all the time I use version 1.3
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 07:26:45 PM »

Did you email Support direct as they issue a job number and they always get back to me.

Yes, I emailed [email protected].  Ref number is 41010.  I originally emailed them 9 days ago when they asked me to send details.  At that time they said they would do some testing.  I'd heard nothing since then, so emailed them again this morning.

My guess is that I'm getting a high percentage of autopopulate failures because of where I'm located.  I'm guessing that many of the RAF, Loganair, etc..  aircraft haven't been detected by other Radarbox users before now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:47:05 PM by tarbat »

b744

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »
if they're UK reg civil they'll all be known, if not by GAS then surely by using G-INFO.
As for the mil stuff alot is tied up but its a slow process. Check out;
[email protected]

this deals with all sorts of tie ups and is both the source of great new info but also where to contribute and add your tie ups from the "far North"

GAS has been working today but its relationship with the RB for updates has always,from my personal experience, been variable at best.

You will probably be picking up very few "new" contacts that are not reported on Mode-s but go and have a look.
Just to add its mode-s not SBS or Radarbox so all info very much welcomed.

Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
We endeavour to get back to queries within 24hours. Sometimes much much quicker as the forum shows but depends on the actual query and how busy we are.

We did get back to Tarbat when you send the 1st email that we suspected a load issue. We are still investigating this to what it is being caused by and what has changed in the last few weeks as we haven't had any issue about this before.

Please bear with us, 1.4 seems to get rid of this issue so we are just looking at the server side to see if there are any issues there.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »
What is the current "point of situation" ??
What is the latest target date release ??

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »
Okay, thanks for the explanation, and the email reply a couple of minutes ago.  At least I know this is still being investigated.

Maybe it's just that I'm a new Radarbox owner, and this autopopulating has never worked for me properly since getting my Radarbox a couple of weeks ago, so it seemed strange to me that the problem had never been encountered before.

Isn't Allocator getting the same problem in v1.4, which would suggest a server side problem.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
b744,

At the moment were in a phase of "stress" testing. The software is being left running and we are watching it carefully that it doesn't do anything abnormall So far things look great. Once it passes that we should be very close to a public beta if not release.

tarbat,

There are different versions of 1.4 floating around, so we are just looking at the versions we are have running (latest builds)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 08:47:17 PM »
Yes, I don't think that I'm getting anything autopopulated at the moment - it was working fine a couple of days ago.

One of the problems that I do have, is that almost all of my traffic is populated anyway, so unless I can be bothered to go to the GAS website and do a manual search, it's not always obvious the autopop isn't working.

doro

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 08:55:52 PM »
Once it passes that we should be very close to a public beta if not release.

:) :) :)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »
One of the problems that I do have, is that almost all of my traffic is populated anyway, so unless I can be bothered to go to the GAS website and do a manual search, it's not always obvious the autopop isn't working.

Yes, I have the opposite problem!!!   I haven't owned my RB long enough for autopopulate to have done it's job.  Whenever a missing reg. appears in RB I type the ModeS code into SBSPopulate to get the details, but there's no easy way to paste the information back into RB and get photos to download.

I do hope Airnav are beta testing autopopulate for a user in my situation, new to Radarbox and so probably putting more of a strain on the servers than other, longer term users.