AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 1.4 - Point of Situation  (Read 30647 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox 1.4 - Point of Situation
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:23:22 AM »
In the continuation of an informative relation we have with all our users based on respect and mutual interest, we explain below the current point of situation regarding V1.4 development.

We want the best for our customers and we want RadarBox to continue to grow week after week which has happened since it was released. Please keep all suggestions coming as we always save them on a wish list. Most of product developments (for all AirNav systems projects) are based on user suggestions.

Six main tasks for V1.4:
a) Stop using memory tables (a specific programming tool) for sharing data and use SQLite instead: Done (the application loads faster, is more robust and navigation databases can now easily be edited outside RadarBox).

b) Stop the memory leak that happens with a few users and requires a daily software restart in very busy areas and limit memory usage to no more than 70
Mbytes: Done (the application will rarely need more than 70 Mbytes to run which is great for such a complex software).

c) Develop new MyLog feature: Done (totally based on SQLite technology you can even automatically import your old SBS-1 databases into RadarBox).

d) Sharing data in SBS-1 format: Done (you will be able to use all the popular SBS-1 addons with RadarBox too).

e) Add other user requested features (eg Alert on Squawk, execute a file/run a program when an alert triggers, populate button for MyLog, pan map with active flights) : Done.

f) Test under severe/busy reception conditions: done but still with some problems. With
2000 msgs per second (usually on busy areas no one would get more than 700 msgs per second but we need to test with 2x busier conditions) application freezes on 25% of the computers tested after 4 hours usage but ONLY IN EXTREMELY SEVERE conditions. Why is this? Because of some graphical functions and the way flight data is currently stored. We are now changing the way flight data is stored and change it to a much simpler and faster solution.

We have our 2 most experienced programmers working on this daily. After work is done testing will continue and after that V1.4 (actually it should be named V2.0) will finally be released.

Hope you find it useful. Be sure our company is devoted to have happy users so we will do anything possible to adapt RadarBox to everyone's needs. You will never see anyone from  our team advertising or promoting a feature that we know couldn't be delivered.

You will be amazed with the ideas we have in mind for 2008 that will start to be developed after V1.4 is out.

marcdeklerk

Re: RadarBox 1.4 - Point of Situation
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:49:46 AM »
cool

doro

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »
Okey. Good communication.

Regarding f) that is probably already a problem in the current version.

V2.0 sounds good given the amount of work you guys have done. So keep it up and get it ready before the end of this month!

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »
Hi,

So i understand better the "test period", changing database type is not
a small job .... and test procedure are more longer.

Thank you for your explications and the transparency of the informations.

don't worry whe have so, a lot of idea for 2008 and thank you for your job.

Patrick / F6GSG

Marinus

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
Okay,

Very clear, gives us a good insight on how you are progressing with
version 1.4.

And I for one will happely wait until march for work to be completed
if it gives us all the new features we can read about in the new manual.

Good luck,
Regards,

Marinus,

Brian L

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »
Could you please discuss the SBS 'add-ons' mentioned above in 'd.' - their source, cost, what they do/don't do and any other relevant details.
I suspect that like many I took a while to make up my mind whether to buy RadarBox or SBS and 'add-ons' somehow passed me by.
Many thanks
Brian L.

b744

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
I've tried to use the GAS SBS-1 Populate for the SQB file but it dosent seem to work with RB is that a fault my end or are the 2 not compatable ??
I did change the settings to the RB by the way.
Any further list of SBS style add ons that could be used would be very helpful
Thanks

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »
It is quite simple: there is an option now on AirNav RadarBox that activates the data sharing in SBS compatible format: in other words RadarBox can now output flight data exactly like SBS does. This enables any RadarBox user to use any of the very popular SBS addons with AirNav RadarBox.

As you may know one of the biggest differences between RadarBox and SBS is that our software comes full of features (MyLog, Polar Diagram, Alerts, etc). Basestation is a very simple software, almost a grid+map and if you would like all of those additional features you have to use separate addons. Some of them became very popular and there are lots of them available. As we want our users to fully enjoy this hobby and to continue to use them, we have added this capability.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »
I've tried to use the GAS SBS-1 Populate for the SQB file but it dosent seem to work with RB is that a fault my end or are the 2 not compatable ??
I did change the settings to the RB by the way.
Any further list of SBS style add ons that could be used would be very helpful
Thanks

Are you talking about V1.3 or V1.4?

RadarBox uses the GAS database to automatically populate the database - and with V1.4 you have the option to do this also from the MyLog/Tools/Populate option.

You don't need to use the GAS SBS Populate program.

b744

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Think I've got ahead of myself...v1.3. Reading the op manual relating to 1.4 hence my confusion.

doro

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
One week? :)

HH

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »
Next december is comin' nearer... ;)

Santa

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »
:) It won't be that late. We promise.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
RadarBox uses the GAS database to automatically populate the database - and with V1.4 you have the option to do this also from the MyLog/Tools/Populate option.

Hi,

I did hope so but by me this does not work as you suggest. See for exemple KLM Boeing 737 PH-BXW.

It is in the GAS database for a while but it is (until sofar) NOT in the Radarbox Aircraft Database "automaticly" added.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »

Hi,

I did hope so but by me this does not work as you suggest. See for exemple KLM Boeing 737 PH-BXW.

It is in the GAS database for a while but it is (until sofar) NOT in the Radarbox Aircraft Database "automaticly" added.

John,

Are you using V1.3 or V1.4?

If you recall, there are issues with V1.3 and the 1 or 2 photo download selection.  If there is a single photo download is selected, or if there is one photo of the aircraft in your photo directory - then the GAS populate doesn't try to populate "over" the information you already have.  I don't check every aircraft that doesn't populate, so I don't know if there are specific errors for certain aircraft.  I'll check to see if I have PH-BXW in my database.

Also, you can manually update the database in both V1.3 and 1.4

all the best

Allocator