AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great product but a few issues.....  (Read 2435 times)

Dazzlercee

Great product but a few issues.....
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »
After playing with Radarbox 3D for numerous hours it is evident that there are still quite a few issues to sort out.  Not having a moan, it is a great product but as with a lot of software releases it will mature as user reports identify problems not caught during testing.

Today I have had a number of instances where the product stopped responding, maybe an issue with the Google plugin.  

I am now experiencing a lack of aircraft models.  The tracks are there as are some of the models, but at least 70% are missing.  This seems to occur when switching from 2D to 3D and is usually remedied with a restart of the application.

I have just been tracking a Cathay Pacific Cargo 747 heading fro EGCC.  The silouhette was shown as a 747 but the model was not, I think it was the 'unknown' model that was being used.

Slight issues aside, this is a great product.

Daz

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Great product but a few issues.....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »
You may be pushing the performance beyond what your PC can cope with.  Try reducing the Performance settings, and/or restarting the GE plugin.  For example, High or Medium performance on network aircraft can really put a strain on the system.

Dazzlercee

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 01:45:24 PM »
I have quite a strong system:

W7 Premium 64 Bit
i975 @ 4.1Ghz
GeForce GTX 280
6 GB Ram

...plus I currently have the network disabled.

I have added ARNB.exe to the Nvidia profiles to try and tweak/improve the graphics so I guess this could have introduced a problem.  I will delete the profile and see how it goes.

As some oher users have reported, I sometimes lose th 2D map when switching from 3D.

Thanks,

Daz

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »
Sometimes the 3D plug-in refuses to load models and we haven't exactly figured out what causes that state to occur. If reloading the plug-in doesn't work, you can try opening task manager and kill "geplugin.exe" and then click reload. This forces the plug-in to restart completely. This usually fixes the missing model problem. We will continue to investigate this problem and hopefully fix it for good in an update.

Dazzlercee

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
OK thanks.

Glad to know its not a PC problem.