AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav 3D Model Texture Resolution  (Read 2262 times)

Dazzlercee

Airnav 3D Model Texture Resolution
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:36:09 PM »
I know users will eventually be able to contribute their own models and liveries, but what is the maximum texture resolution of the models.

It would be nice to have less blurred textures on the aircraft even though this may affect performance if viewing network flights as models.

Daz

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: Airnav 3D Model Texture Resolution
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
I know users will eventually be able to contribute their own models and liveries, but what is the maximum texture resolution of the models.

It would be nice to have less blurred textures on the aircraft even though this may affect performance if viewing network flights as models.

Daz

Can you post a screenshot of a model that you see with the blurry texture? Normally when you zoom in close, the texture automatically gets less-blurred (Google Earth smart loading of texture resolutions). I'd like to verify that you don't have a problem of some kind.

Dazzlercee

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »
The textures are fine when zoomed in close to the aircraft, especially side on.

When viewed at an angle and a bit further away they become quite blurry as though there is very little anistropic filtering being applied.

Are the 3D graphics affected by the graphics card 3D settings (Nvidia Control Panel)?

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
This might be affected by the graphics card settings. We're limited to the Google Earth API so we can't tweak anything that would improve this directly, but you should try tweaking your NVidia settings to see if you can get any improvements.