anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.13 installation. :(  (Read 4732 times)

ramimz

Problem with v3.13 installation. :(
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
I uninstall v3.07 & and install v3.13 from scratch.

First window i add my info (user & password)

second windows ask me "Radar box need to...................... "
i fill up all the fields, press "OK" and nothing.... :-(

Now what ?  :-(

bearcat

Re: Problem with v3.13 installation. :(
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
Hi

Try this. Open Radar box and start in Demo Mode in Preference go to Home Station Data tab and enter your details and click OK. Close Radarbox down and restart and enter your user and password click save password, start and all should then be OK.

ramimz

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:50:05 AM »
Thank you.

it's working perfectly.

GlynH

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
Thanks for the tip bearcat...glad to see this 'hack' worked for you ramimz.

I am still unable to get 3.13 installed on my Netbook as when it runs I get the Information window pop up telling me 'AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 needs to know more details about your station. Please specify them now.'

Then the Preferences Home Station Data window pops up which will not accept location either by choosing Auto Detect, the nearest city or GPS coordinates by Lat/Lon

I have tried running it in Demo mode first but still have this problem.

I also believe this should have a little error checking because when this bug strikes and you are unable to progress past the Preferences/Home Station Data window you are also unable to exit the program cleanly.

Clicking the Close gadget just returns you to the Information window and the loop repeats ad infinitum...

Using Task Manager to kill it seems the only way to close it.

Interestingly the Netbook was the only PC here not to have an earlier version of ANRB installed so was a clean, out of the box (well download) installation.

As such there were many registry entries missing and choosing Demo mode did seem to add in most of those but I still can't get past the Home Station Data window and am reluctant to install an earlier version first only to remove it afterwards :-(

See also here;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3963.90

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

bearcat

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »
Hi Glyn

I have also installed V3.13 onto a NC10 netbook and all is ok. I think the problem is not being able to see the OK button on the Preferences window using a netbook, as mentioned previously.

Following the above procedure I opened Radarbox/ Preferences on both a PC and the netbook, filled in the data on the netbook. Get your cursor into the same position on both machines and on the PC use your tab key on your keyboard and count the number of tabs to the OK button. On your net book from the same starting position count the same number of tabs and hit the enter key. Your data should now be saved and you can open R'box again to enter and save your password etc.

GlynH

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bearcat but I have been round long enough to know when I am unable to see the OK button on a window...if I couldn't figure that one out I would sell up & give up...my eyes/common sense are not that bad! ^)

I installed ANRB with the screen resolution on my N110 set to 1024 x 768 and try to run the program in the same resolution but I am unable to get past the damn Home Station Data preferences window no matter what I do...

Once I get this far there is no way to exit the program gracefully as if I click the Close gadget on the Preferences window the the smaller information window opens up telling me that "AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 needs to know more details about your station. Please specify them now." and of course the infinite loop begins all over again.

I can't even minimize the ANRB Program window to get back to the Desktop...

As I said above irrespective of whether I use Auto-Detect, Select a City or imput my GPS Lat/Lon when I click OK the buttom greys for @2secs but then nothing else happens and the window just stays open.

I thought I would leave it for a while just to see if it was a little slow but it has been like this for 22 hours now so I can rule out it being a little sluggish!

Had you previously installed ANRB on your NC10 - even if you had uninstalled it?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:11:05 AM by GlynH »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 11:20:15 AM »
Startup in demo mode.  Enter your home location data.  Save it.  Exit.  Restart in normal mode, and it should be working.

If that doesn't work.  Startup in demo mode.  In Preferences, Import a colour scheme.  Save it.  Exit.  Restart in normal mode.

GlynH

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply but as I said in my initial post above and in the other thread referenced I have tried the Demo mode and it does not seem to work!

I have no way of getting past the Preferences/Home Station Data window and so am unable to import a colour scheme or do anything else including exiting the program properly without resorting to Task Manager.

I have decided to uninstall it and not bother with it on my Netbook...I really don't have enough screen real estate on a 19" monitor running 1280x1024 let alone a Netbook screen of 1024x600 native or 1024x768 at best!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
I have no way of getting past the Preferences/Home Station Data window and so am unable to import a colour scheme or do anything else including exiting the program properly without resorting to Task Manager.

Can't you even click on the "Map Colors" tab in Preferences?

HKG

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
Glyn,

I had the same problem installing V3.13 onto a PC which had no previous ANRB installation. Same issues with not accepting home station data and unable to close programme etc etc...

So I installed an old version (v2.xx) first, which accepted my home data without any problems. Then I installed v3.13 (full install) and it started up straightaway without needing to input the home station data again. I still have both versions on my PC but using v3.13 only.

Hope this helps

Dennis (HKG)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:54:56 PM by HKG »

bearcat

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
Hi Glyn

No, it was a fresh install. NC10 has 2gb RAM with Windows 7