anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 3D - Comments  (Read 70370 times)

alexandra0058

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 3D - Comments
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
Hope you can help

I received my AirNav RadarBox 3D Upgrade CD from supplier here in UK today.  Although I am not a computer wizard, I know very basic stuff.  After loading CD and following all instructions it eventually loaded up.  This took an age and if I shift between the 3D and 2D screen it locks up and will do nothing.  The only way then is for me to close AirNav down and start again.  Could this be down to the age of my laptop as it is a few years old and might not be able to handle all this information or am I doing something wrong also I have had to re-load the Google plug in a few times.

I did try to look for some instructions in case I was doing some thing wrong but could not find any anywhere I checked in my contents in help and could find nothing there.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Graham [email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
Graham, This might be due to your old PC. Give this a try:

- Turn off Network Processing

- Set 3D Preferences to Medium

- Set the 3D Preferences aircraft trails to zero

It you can see the 2D aircraft symbols in the 3D window, then try setting the 3D Preferences to Maximum.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
Hope you can help

I received my AirNav RadarBox 3D Upgrade CD from supplier here in UK today.  Although I am not a computer wizard, I know very basic stuff.  After loading CD and following all instructions it eventually loaded up.  This took an age and if I shift between the 3D and 2D screen it locks up and will do nothing.  The only way then is for me to close AirNav down and start again.  Could this be down to the age of my laptop as it is a few years old and might not be able to handle all this information or am I doing something wrong also I have had to re-load the Google plug in a few times.

I did try to look for some instructions in case I was doing some thing wrong but could not find any anywhere I checked in my contents in help and could find nothing there.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Graham [email protected]

Graham -- I also sent you an email with some suggestions to try (similar to Allocator's suggestions). If you still have problems, feel free to contact me directly.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
AirNav, did as you suggested and removed plugin. Have reloaded and stiill no aircraft shown

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Roadrunner-could you try rebooting your PC and relaunching ANRB if you haven't already tried that? perhaps the socket connection between the 3D View and the ANRB is somehow locked up and is in a bad state. A reboot will force this to close and re-establish. I'd just like to rule that out with a reboot if possible.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
I have done a uninstall and re-install of ANRB also the google earth plugin. I have no aircraft showing on either 2D or 3D now but I am showing aircraft in the list for both local and network traffics. I have rechecked the

alexandra0058

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »
Thanks Allocator

I did what you suggested though I was not sure what I was doing I switched of network flights and changed the settings that you said to do and it changed to 2d.  I then tried the split screen, but again it froze.

So frustrating but thanks again for your help.

Ps do you know if there is a manual for the 3D application

Graham

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
There is a section on RB3D in the RadarBox Help

The same information is available as a PDF file.

Both are installed as part of the RB install

Use Windows Start>All Program>AirNav Systems>AirNav RadarBox>Help and Manual

alexandra0058

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
Thanks Allocator

I found the PDF file not sure how but I did.

Many Thanks again

Graham

Hawkeye

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
Not exactly!!   I don't let Radarbox install in the default location (in Program Files), as it causes no end of problems with the Virtual Store.

My advise to anyone running Vista or Win7 - don't let Radarbox install to the default folder.  Use something like C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox.

And no, you can't just copy the whole DATA folder.  Best to just copy the files that you want.

Hi Tarbat,

When I ran Vista I had the usual VirtualStore problems with AirNav in the Prog Files default location until I reinstalled it directly into C:\ 
After I installed Win7 Ultimate I again loaded AirNav into C:\

When I eventually downloaded AirNav 3.13 late last year, - didn't bother with the beta versions -, I inadvertently let it default download to Prog Files but found it ran, and still is running, without problems.  It seems that the VirtualStore issue doesn't occur with Win7.
Doesn't with me anyhow 'cos there's nothing in my Virtual Store as you can see from the attachment.

Syd

E14

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
Does anyone know how to get rid of the HOME symbol on the 3D map?

Ive gone into preferences, Home Station Data but there is nothing in there to turn this off

Cheers
J
---------------
Edited to say ive found it under 3D, General settings.

Only one problem now is when i untick "home station location" it wont apply/save the settings. In fact If I make any changes in £d setup it does not apply of save when I click ok.
The window just stays open and I have to select Cancel to close
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:01:33 PM by E14 »
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »
Does anyone know how to get rid of the HOME symbol on the 3D map?

Ive gone into preferences, Home Station Data but there is nothing in there to turn this off

Cheers
J

In the 3D View settings, uncheck the box that says "Show Home Station Location". You should be able to un-tick that box next to it.

E14

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
Cheers all sorted. Had to restart the system to get it to accept it.

Blooming Vista - pain in the .....
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

SkyRoost

• Another Day in Paradise
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
AirNav, I have contacted your support.  The 1st response that I got was that they did not understand the problem and wanted more clarification.  I followed up with 2 screenshots and a 3rd email asking if they received the screenshots from the 2nd emai.  I have not received any additional responses.

SkyRoost: that is happening because for some reason the application is not getting 3D credential from our server thus not activating the 3D feature. Pls contact our support.
Ted  N4JOG

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »
We are having a slight delay on support tickets answering as the support team leader has been unable to work for the last 3 days and will continue off for the next 4 days.

We have 2 other team members trying to answer all the pending tickets in the next 24-48 hours. We really apologize for this delay and will do our best to correct this situation.