AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 install problem  (Read 2219 times)

prbflight

Windows 7 install problem
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:34:30 AM »
Hi All

I posted this problem on the general forum but have moved to this forum now.  I just installed RadarBox on a new computer running Win 7.  I installed ver 3.13 and when I start the program I can not connect to the network.  I do have an active internet connection as I am typing this from accessing the forums through RadarBox.  I just downloaded ver 4.03 and installed it but when I started the software I got a pop up box asking me if I wanted to upgrade to 3D.  Once in the program I no longer have 3D access.  I should mention I still get the following message just as I did with version 3.13...

"Your network data is delayed 5 minutes.  Real-time network is available from AirNav systems at an extra cost.  Click here for details.  (double click to hide forver)"

I am currently subscribed to the reat-time network.  Any idea's of what I should look for?  I will check for a firewall but I haven't installed my Norton yet.

Paul@cyyb

EMA

Re: Windows 7 install problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:03:59 AM »
To use the 3D beta Airnav need to grant you access, if that has not been done then it will affect your network settings.

Kevin

prbflight

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:54 AM »
Hi Kevin,

I am now back to using my Vista laptop and I have no problem accessing my real-time network or the 3D network.  There is something in Win 7 that is stopping me from connecting.  Any idea's?

Paul@cyyb

EMA

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
Hi Paul

I have 3 windows 7 systems here and have had no problems running Radarbox. You said your Network access had changed from real time to delayed I would have thought that had to be from the Airnav server side?

Kevin

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »
Check to see if Radarbox can access weather info, photos, and aircraft details.  If it can't, then it's probably a firewall issue.

EMA

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Have you installed as Administrator?

Providing you have the correct drivers which are in the latest install the application usually starts up with the Windows firewall box asking if you want to allow the application to use the network after that it should be straight forward.

prbflight

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Check to see if Radarbox can access weather info, photos, and aircraft details.  If it can't, then it's probably a firewall issue.

Good Morning Tarbat/EMA

Yes I can get weather information and photo's and details are being updated.  No luck with accessing the network though.  Any other suggestions?

Paul@cyyb
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:02:28 PM by prbflight »

prbflight

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »
Hi Paul

I have 3 windows 7 systems here and have had no problems running Radarbox. You said your Network access had changed from real time to delayed I would have thought that had to be from the Airnav server side?

Kevin

Good Morning Kevin - or should I say Good Evening

Did you install in the default directory or did you install elsewhere?  On my Vista laptop I set up an AirNav Sytems folder on the C drive.  I've tried both installation options on my Win 7 desktop but no luck either way.

Paul@cyyb

EMA

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
Hi Paul

Kevin

Good Morning Kevin - or should I say Good Evening

Did you install in the default directory or did you install elsewhere?  On my Vista laptop I set up an AirNav Sytems folder on the C drive.  I've tried both installation options on my Win 7 desktop but no luck either way.

Paul@cyyb

I always install on a separate disk partition in a folder called Airnav. Then because I use AVG I set an exception for that folder in AVG.

prbflight

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
Hello All

I got my RadarBox connected to the network.  I had to change the properties and run it in Win XP Compatibility mode.  I'm off to do more testing but does it every look and run sweet!

Paul@cyyb

EMA

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
I fail to understand why it needs to run in XP compatibility mode.

Kevin

prbflight

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
That's a good question Kevin.  At least it's working.

Paul@cyyb