AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 100% Compatible with Add-On Applications notice  (Read 9612 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
RadarBox 100% Compatible with Add-On Applications notice
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »
Quote; This means that if you upgrade from your present Virtual Radar to RadarBox you can continue to use the add-on applications you've been using for the last years. Please note that unlike other systems, RadarBox is an all-in-one package, meaning that the features these add-on apps offer are fully available inside AirNav RadarBox software included in the RadarBox package.

Can someone explain to me,  if the features of all the add-in apps are available inside RadarBox then why mention that RadarBox is compatible with the add-ins? What is the point of being economical with the truth AirNav? Your customers are not stupid - well, apart from one or two buffoons on this forum. For the record,  here are a few of the things which Radarbox does not do:

Provide printed reports which include the squawk code.

Retain data in MyLog without overwriting it.

Populate the database properly.

Show all of the available tabs on a standard 1024 x 768 laptop display.

Provide the facility to have multiple radar screens with different features and different orientation available on tabs at the bottom of the screen.

Regarding the statement; Note that unlike AirNav RadarBox, most of these add-ons are not professionally maintained and could be discontinued at anytime. Isn't it this also true of the logos and silhouettes produced by Rod Bearden and others, not to mention the hi-res outlines? Even the aircraft data and photos are updated from sources on the internet which are maintained by amateurs and enthusiasts. Isn't the very raison d'être of this forum to get savvy RadarBox owners to help others?

In fact, as with another great hobby - licensed amateur radio - it is Kinetic's dealers who are providing updates to software and firmware and it's in their interests to do so. You have a good product which has some pluses and some minuses compared with Kinetic's product. (We have yet to see what the Aurora will be like), but you do yourselves absolutely no good in making untrue statements on the forum about your product and sniping at the opposition.

So please devote your time to ironing out the many bugs in the ANRB software, some of  which customers have been complaining about for a long time now.

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: RadarBox 100% Compatible with Add-On Applications notice
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »
My understanding is that RadarBox is compatible with add-on applications that use the port 30003 socket output.  To be fair, that covers most of the add-ons, but certainly not 100%. 

Add-ons from other virtual radars that interact directly with the SQLite database won't work with RadarBox - I'm sure this topic has been covered before in the forum.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
Viking9: it seems we hit a nerve I'm sorry for that.  Anyway we meant just that. Despite being an all-in-one package, RadarBox is fully compatible with almost all add-on applications. In other words you can upgrade to RadarBox and still use your favorite add-on apps.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:28:17 AM by AirNav Development »

radarspotter10

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:25:27 AM »
Nothing is ever that "simple" airnav lol.
from pat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:31:42 AM by radarspotter10 »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
"So please devote your time to ironing out the many bugs in the ANRB software, some of  which customers have been complaining about for a long time now."

V3.13 has already been release in case you don't know. 95% of the users have upgraded.

Check:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3962.0

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:58:09 AM »

V3.13 has already been release in case you don't know. 95% of the users have upgraded.

Please don't be so bloody patronising. Of course I know about v3.13; I'm using it, as Andre can tell you as he and I corresponded directly about a problem in the initial release; solved by him emailing me a new .exe file.

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

EMA

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
Quote; So please devote your time to ironing out the many bugs in the ANRB software, some of  which customers have been complaining about for a long time now.

Hi Tom

If Andre has corresponded directly with you and emailed a new exe file then they are ironing out the bugs.

I have found Airnav to be more than helpful with requests for assistance.

Like you I have used other systems and for my purpose the Radarbox is excellent at what it does and has come a long way since it's initial release.

cheers

Kevin

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »
Hi Kevin,

Nice to see you on again, I hope you are well.

I think I've said enough on the subject. I'm far too busy with things like tracking aircraft to waste my time further. I'll let others take up the banner.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

EMA

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Hi Kevin,

Nice to see you on again, I hope you are well.

I think I've said enough on the subject. I'm far too busy with things like tracking aircraft to waste my time further. I'll let others take up the banner.

Tom

Hi Tom

I kept off the forums for a while becuase of the infighting and when I came back it's still here ;-)

I agree with your last comment lets just stick to tracking the aircraft.

ALL THE BEST.

Kevin

Fenris

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »

Please don't be so bloody patronising. Of course I know about v3.13; I'm using it, as Andre can tell you as he and I corresponded directly about a problem in the initial release; solved by him emailing me a new .exe file.

As a matter of interest, please would someone advise whether the officially released v3.13 package contains the updated .exe that Tom mentions and if so when did the fixed version get substituted? If there are bug fixes I'd like to have them.

Cheers!