anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: netbook usage  (Read 4360 times)

g0seg

netbook usage
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:36:22 AM »
Morning all, just in passing. Got an Advent 4211-B netbook yesterday and just for a laugh i tried putting Airnav on. It worked but with some limitations. The netbook is only running at 1.6 Mhz with a meg of ram. Even altering the DPI it is not possible - as yet - to get to the Preferences change but we`re working at it. Sorry about the lousy picture but it`s just gone dawn here!! Belting down with rain but it`s better than snow for sure. Bi now, Roger

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: netbook usage
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
I use a similar setup (NC10 netbook) for mobile use at airfields.  Photos etc. at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.msg11847#msg11847

As you say, getting to the Preferences buttons can be a challenge.  On the NC10, I can change the screen resolution to 1024x768 and pan around to get to the buttons.  Either that, or see if you can rotate the screen to get to the buttons.

bearcat

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
The way I find the preference buttons on a netbook is to open up the Preference window on my PC and using the tab key count the number of tabs to get to the OK button from a set position, then repeat the steps on the Netbook aad then hit the enter key.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:22:30 PM by bearcat »

perezoso

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:49:57 PM »
I started running RB yesterday on an Acer Aspire mini PC that runs on a netbook's Atom processor.

So far, so good.  The sweet thing about the Acer in comparison to a netbook, however, is that is has a video card (ion) that will drive a 1080p monitor.

onlyme

• pink fridge freezer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
That iis one blurry image!
A pink fridge is a unusual and quirky item to buy. You can purchase them from Smeg in the retro variety (50s style). A pink fridge freezer it has to be said is not a cheap item to buy, it does cost more then regular fridges.