AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two more newbie questions  (Read 2902 times)

Ericw

Two more newbie questions
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »

Hi everyone,
So I've now been using RB for about a week and am loving it!  Two questions:

Is there any way to change the columns of information displayed on the left side of the screen to either remove or re-order the sequence of the columns?  This would be preferably to scrolling left and right to see info that I want on specific aircraft.

Also, I am now on line and checking network information, which is extremely interesting!  But I was looking at some places on the map, for example San Francisco, CA USA and I only see two or three flights in that region.  Why would that be?  Obviously there is lots of air traffic in and around SFO.  If someone has a radarbox around there and is sharing their info wouldn't we see a lot more traffic? 

Thanks for the help and support on a really great product!

Eric

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Two more newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
Hi Eric,

You can hide columns in the aircraft list by using File > Preferences > General and unticking the columns you don't want to see.  You can't change the order of the columns, but you can change the sort order of what is in those columns by clicking on the column title - Mode S, Flight ID, Registration etc.

Mode S is not so widely used in the USA, although this is planned to change over the coming years when full ADS-B will probably be introduced (I have a couple of aviation articles from the US Aviation Week I must scan and post here).

Also, you need to take into account the time difference for the USA.  At the moment, 6.00pm UK time, I can see loads of traffic up the east coast of the USA, quite a bit around LAX about 8 around SFO.

Ericw

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:48 AM »
Thanks, this helps a lot.  One more question - in "my log" is there any way to have the log retain and show any location information - altitude, lat/long etc.  I realize there is an inherant problem since that info changes, but perhaps a snap shot that shows the position when the aircraft is first qcquired or something like that?  Thanks again.

Eric

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »
MyLog does show the Start Position and End Position if that aircraft is giving position information.  Click on the aircraft in the top window in MyLog, and the details are shown in the bottom window.  You may have to scroll to the right.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:30:32 AM by Allocator »

jmhayes

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:10:02 PM »
I was looking at some places on the map, for example San Francisco, CA USA and I only see two or three flights in that region.  Why would that be?
Because my antenna is in a lousy position :)

perezoso

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »
I've always been frustrated at the inability to reorganize the flight tracking columns as well.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 01:04:12 AM »
That one is already on the wish list. :-)