AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database update info  (Read 124657 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Database update info
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
Currently on the MyFlights:

Mode S: A768B6
Reg: N577DA
Type: Canadair CL-600 Challenger 604
ICAO: CL60
MSN: 5398

Currently populates as Reg: (blank);  Type: (blank);  ICAO: (blank)

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
Noted on MyFlights:

Mode S: A0082B
Reg: N1008G
Type: Cessna 208B
ICAO: C208
MSN: 208B2191

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2010, 07:53:56 AM »
Noted in MyFlights:

Mode S: A7F150
Reg: N6101Y
Type: Piper PA-28
ICAO: P28A
MSN: 2842343

MTIA
Dave

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2010, 09:05:33 AM »
Noted in MyFlights:

MTIA
Dave

Hello

All the details apart from the icao were already in the central database so it must be a problem for you (and possibly others) downloading this data. The downloading of data is outside our control. We can only upload to the server. I have now added the ICAO anyway.

Andrew

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »
Noted in MyFlights:

MTIA
Dave

Hello

All the details apart from the icao were already in the central database so it must be a problem for you (and possibly others) downloading this data. The downloading of data is outside our control. We can only upload to the server. I have now added the ICAO anyway.

Andrew

Morning Andrew

I think herein lies our problem

I'm still experiencing this - getting blanks, going to the database to update, and finding its already there.

I put it down to my own technical ineptness in understanding the "fetching" mechanics, but if Dave's not getting the info, maybe the problems more deep rooted?

Rich

DaveReid

« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »

Well the server certainly wasn't returning any details for that hex code when it was logged.

But I agree that the details for the PA-28 in question are now being returned correctly.

Along with two rather smashing photos of Air Maui AS350 N6101Y (re-registered as N405AM in 1997) ...

orkney

« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
Hello  Rich

Looking at my log I can see many cases of this indeed. I now think we should should do any further discussions on this in our own forum to leave this thread free for what it is for.

Dave

I don't think we have control over photos either apart from where they link to and I did delete the erroneous links so the shouldn't click to the large picture.

Andrew

shaun

« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
I cant find what  Mode-S 403DE1 is. Populating blank.
10 NM NW of EGMC
Essex
UK

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:16 AM »
Hi Shaun

Please see the link below

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4980.msg49886#msg49886

We set this up to provide a specific thread where the update team can retrieve forum members requests and investigate accordingly, otherwise we run the risk of missing some!

At work at the moment (supposedly!), so cannot do much to help, but we'll take a look at it and update accordingly

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Rgds

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2010, 11:48:34 AM »
403DE1 is an AA5 G-BXHH according to Airframes

shaun

« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
Thanks Rich and Runway 31.
Shaun
10 NM NW of EGMC
Essex
UK

DaveReid

« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
You can also search on any allocated code in the UK civil range (currently 400400 to 4063A3) at www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=search

DaveReid

« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
I don't think we have control over photos either apart from where they link to and I did delete the erroneous links so the shouldn't click to the large picture.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you "deleted the erroneous links".

I've made sure that N6101Y isn't in my Database Explorer/NavData database, and that I don't have any thumbnails for it in my Photo folder, but RadarBox still insists on showing the helicopter photos, so those details can only be coming from the server.

I suspect I'm simply not understanding how the process works, it would be nice if someone could explain it to me.

orkney

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »
hello

I meant that I deleted the LK and LK2 fields for that aircraft (and PT and PT2 fields as well) thinking this would stop people from getting the helicopter photos but obviously it doesn't. At least I now know to completely ignore the photo links since they update themselves anyway regardless of what we do to them.

Andrew

DaveReid

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
I meant that I deleted the LK and LK2 fields for that aircraft (and PT and PT2 fields as well) thinking this would stop people from getting the helicopter photos but obviously it doesn't. At least I now know to completely ignore the photo links since they update themselves anyway regardless of what we do to them.

OK, thanks, I guess that makes us both officially mystified as to how the process works :-)

AirNav, this might be an opportune moment to chip in and enlighten us !