anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database update info  (Read 124039 times)

radarspotter10

Re: Database update info
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »
Hi all.
We all know Dave the Rave by now, I think people on this site are getting very tired of his selling pitch,  its becoming boring and monotonous, any business man knows not to discuss business in a public forum, send airnav a email and give us all a break Dave.
from pat
Speak for yourself Radarspotter10, I'd like to have my own opinion, don't need yours!
Thank You!

hi jannuh
And your entitled to your opinion my man. just the same as me.
from pat

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
Dave, I guess it would help to know your source of information.  Is this based on visual sightings, or something else.  Just trying to assess the accuracy and reliability of the data, that's all.
http://www.airframes.org/reg/n300gp

Gladly.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N300GP

Edit:  now also showing on airframes.org (it wasn't earlier today): www.airframes.org/reg/n300gp although still nothing listed on GAS
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:37:03 PM by DaveReid »
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Dave.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

Hi all.
We all know Dave the Rave by now, I think people on this site are getting very tired of his selling pitch,  its becoming boring and monotonous, any business man knows not to discuss business in a public forum, send airnav a email and give us all a break Dave.
from pat

Pat,

I've kept quiet so far but I have to tell you, from one Irishman to another, that your inane remarks are not doing much to help the myth in this country that Irishmen are thick.

Though he is too modest to admit it himself, I can tell you that Dave Reid is a well respected professional in the aviation world, with a vast amount of knowledge and experience. We need people like him to contribute to these forums so that people like you, and even I, can learn something.

Your unconditional support of AirNav and readiness to slag off anyone who criticises them is quite baffling to me. I can tell you that the founder of radarspotters.eu established that forum because members of this forum were being banned for criticising AirNav's attitude to customers. Incidentally, I was the first member of the radarspotters forum, having had a warning that I would be banned from this one should I criticise AirNav.

So, Pat, I think you should do all Irishmen living in the UK a favour and curb your intemperate remarks and try to learn something from those qualified and experienced contributors to this forum instead of berating them.

Oh! and would you please correct the typo in your signature line or remove it altogether.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Tramline

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »

Hi all.
from pat

Pat,

I've kept quiet so far but I have to tell you, from one Irishman to another, that your inane remarks are not doing much to help the myth in this country that Irishmen are thick.

Though he is too modest to admit it himself, I can tell you that Dave Reid is a well respected professional in the aviation world, with a vast amount of knowledge and experience. We need people like him to contribute to these forums so that people like you, and even I, can learn something.

Your unconditional support of AirNav and readiness to slag off anyone who criticises them is quite baffling to me. I can tell you that the founder of radarspotters.eu established that forum because members of this forum were being banned for criticising AirNav's attitude to customers. Incidentally, I was the first member of the radarspotters forum, having had a warning that I would be banned from this one should I criticise AirNav.

So, Pat, I think you should do all Irishmen living in the UK a favour and curb your intemperate remarks and try to learn something from those qualified and experienced contributors to this forum instead of berating them.

Oh! and would you please correct the typo in your signature line or remove it altogether.

Tom

Well said.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »
Any more news on the Database update info ?
Steve.
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
We are waiting for a few answers we sent to some companies to arrive.

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
Thank you AirNav.
Hope you get a good responce.
Steve.
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

eggplant

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »

Hi all.
from pat

Pat,

Tom

Well said.

Thought I'd throw my two penneth worth in !

I do not know (nor do I wish to know) what politics may exist between Airnav and Dave Reid, but I have found his posts helpful and useful.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »
Keep the infighting away please.

We do respect DaveReid however his system if used by us would mean we have to pass the cost back to the customers. It something we cannot absorb, hence why it hasn't been taken on. We won't disclose the exact details but passing the cost back to the customers is not something we want to do.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »
AirNav,

No infighting here. Merely doing the job of a moderator, which you should be doing, and trying to keep some order so people can get some value out of the debate.

radarspotter10's reply was as expected - still nothing to add to the thread but crass comments.

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

DaveReid

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »
We do respect DaveReid however his system if used by us would mean we have to pass the cost back to the customers. It something we cannot absorb, hence why it hasn't been taken on. We won't disclose the exact details but passing the cost back to the customers is not something we want to do.

That's strange - I've had an email from Andre, your CEO, specifically requesting that we keep any proposal discussions confidential and not make any comment on them in this forum, yet here you are doing the exact opposite.  I'd suggest you go and talk to your boss before saying any more.

So I won't respond here other than to observe that there are many thousands of RadarBox users, all of whom (unless they have disabled the download of aircraft details/photos) stand to gain from a reliable database and a more intelligent photo link to airliners.net, so you will no doubt be evaluating any proposals in terms of the cost and VFM spread across those thousands of users.

Let's continue this discussion offline, as Andre has requested.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »
Oh what a shame. I was enjoying this one!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

DaveReid

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »
(to revert to the original scope of this thread)

Currently (1452UTC) outbound from LHR as CSA651:

Mode S: 49D063
Reg: OK-MEH
Type: Airbus A320-214
ICAO: A320
MSN: 3031

Currently populates as Type: Tupolev Tu-154M; MSN: 88A789; Reg: OK-TCC

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »
Currently (1452UTC) outbound from LHR as CSA651:

Also confirmed on airframes.org - http://www.airframes.org/reg/okmeh