AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database update info  (Read 124565 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Database update info
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 06:23:22 PM »
Currently on the network:

Mode S: 3C4858
Reg: D-ABBX
Type: Boeing 737-808
ICAO: B738
MSN: 34969

Currently populates as ICAO: B768

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »
Good evening all.
Has any one used ADU software and does it work with RB.
Steve
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Good evening all.
Has any one used ADU software and does it work with RB.
Steve

Hi Steve

I'm 99% certain it does not work with RadarBox, given the conversations I've had with fellow spotters at Manchester

I'm a long time user of Aerodata which I suppose is a main competitor of ADU, which has a link available direct into the RadarBox data files to give almost seemless spotting!

I'm sure there must be someone out there who can confirm this?

Regards

Rich

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »

[/quote]

Hi Steve

I'm 99% certain it does not work with RadarBox, given the conversations I've had with fellow spotters at Manchester

I'm a long time user of Aerodata which I suppose is a main competitor of ADU, which has a link available direct into the RadarBox data files to give almost seemless spotting!

I'm sure there must be someone out there who can confirm this?

Regards

Rich
[/quote]

Thank You Rich.
Just looked at the Aerodata site and it seem's to operate with RB with it's RB analyiser.Think I will give them a call after work Today to confirm a few thing's.
Steve.

DaveReid

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

From the ADU website:

ADU Software SBS Utility

Who is it for? – ADU users who have a Kinetic BaseStation and would like to populate SBS information.

What does it do? -  Populates information into the SBS SQB file which then generates information to display on the radar screen.

What information? – Registrations, Aircraft Types, ICAO type codes, Construction numbers, Manufacturer,  Operators, Operator Flag Codes, Aircraft personal sightings & Interested Reference to aircraft required. Frame and Reg required notification.

That falls into the category, discussed elsewhere, of SBS add-ons that don't work with RadarBox;  I can't see RB mentioned at all on the ADU website, unless it's buried away somewhere that I've missed.

HTH
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience in using ADU software? Is it reliable with accurate information?

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
I have been using ADU for a few years now and think its great! I update mine several times per month via the web whenever I'm notified byADU an update is available.
I find it particularly handy when I use my RadarBox abroad (AMS, MAD etc) with my Laptop and internet access is difficult/ expensive. I copy and paste the ModeS code into the search box and Hey-Presto, the answer is usually there unless it is a very recent change/allocation.
rgds
Terry

Hello Terry.
I have emailed ADU Today asking if it work's with RB. Waiting for their responce. I take it that it does as per your last post. And you sound like your happy with it.
Steve.

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »
Terry
Forgot to ask but which option did you download that works with RB.
Steve.

DaveReid

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »
Terry
Forgot to ask but which option did you download that works with RB.
Steve.

I don't think Terry was suggesting that ADU was actually integrated with RadarBox:

I copy and paste the ModeS code into the search box

You can copy-and-paste from practically any Windows application to another, I think we were hoping for a bit more in the way of interoperability here ...

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
AirNav & All
I have had an email from ADU and it seems that it work's as a (stand alone program that work's along side AirNav and they are currently testing a Airnav utility in order to populate personal sightings and mode s information where you will not have to rely on the internet to make a good connection - this will be a good utility for mobile and home use).
Price is not bad either. I'am going to purchase the V12 product this week and will let you know how I get on.
Happy radar boxing all.
Steve.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »

[/quote]

Thank You Rich.
Just looked at the Aerodata site and it seem's to operate with RB with it's RB analyiser.Think I will give them a call after work Today to confirm a few thing's.
Steve.
[/quote]

Hi Steve

sorry - I didn't make my response too clear!

Aerodata has a "RadarBox analyser" file which reads direct from "My flights" file within the AirNav folder

Basically it identifies aircraft that you haven't see before and allows you to directly log them within the Aerodata DB

There are of course a variety of set up options depending on the users requirements.

Aerodata have in the past developed a free download of ADS-B and Hex codes complete with reg/type/cn etc etc for use with SBS, but given the Analyser links the database with the Radar Box,I hardly ever get any unknowns showing up on the analyser screen (which incidentally sits nicely on top of the radar box creen)

Their database appears to be similarly updated as the ADU one is, several times a week, and currently has over 1.5 million frames detailed on it - admittedly not all of use to RadarBox, but it's pretty damn comprehensive, maintained by several dedicated editors.

hope this helps

Regards

Rich

mjleprix

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2010, 08:33:52 AM »
Hi Airnav
I have used adu now for two years, have always found their data as up to date as any, certainly as good if not better than airframes and if it has to have any credance at all, every aircraft put up by Dave this week has been up to date in the ADU database. I do know that ADU are working on a linkup to Radarbox in some form. So they have my vote.
Thanks
Mike P

DaveReid

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2010, 09:12:58 AM »
every aircraft put up by Dave this week has been up to date in the ADU database

Thanks for the confirmation.  They are now on airframes.org too (although they weren't all at the time I posted them), but not all yet on GAS.

perezoso

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 02:40:03 PM »
And now for something completely different (isn't this what the thread was supposed to be for?):

COA52 populates as SAEZ-KIAH; but is in fact KIAH-KLAX.  
COA53 populates as KEWR-LLBG; but is in fact KLAX-KIAH-SAEZ

These have apparently been 739ERs with full ADS-B for the past few days (at least the domestic segment of COA53).  Looks to me like Continental's new 739ER's and the (presumably new) 738's have ADS-B, although I'm sure somebody here knows more. Gives me more to track, especially once I have a real antenna. :-)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:47:57 PM by perezoso »

DaveReid

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 10:38:03 PM »
Currently on the network:

Mode S: 4013AF
Reg: G-OZBT
Type: Airbus A321-231
ICAO: A321
MSN: 3546

Currently populates as Registration: G-TTIH

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave